Trash the Desert Eagle !?!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[b][size=6]Should we keep the Desert Eagle?!?![/size][/b]

• [img]http://phatcat.animedominion.com/de-yes.jpg[/img]

Votes: 51 56.7%
  • [img]http://phatcat.animedominion.com/de-no.jpg[/img]

Votes: 39 43.3%

• Total voters

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
?

What is wrong with making it non-silver? I don't know any soldier that would go out into battle with a silver gun... save The United Pimp Leigon, but they are another story.

Battosai

The Great Southern Thread Killer
Jun 6, 2001
Roaming
WAIT........HOLD ON.
Let's back up a bit.
Where did you guys get the idea, that the DE is not milspec?? I have an Israeli issue Desert Eagle. I just checked it out. Stamped on the side is
Desert Eagle - .41/.44 Magnum Pistol
Israel Military Industries LTD (I.M.I)
reverse side reads

Magnum Research INC. Minneapolis Minn.
Made In Israel
And if ya need more proof. I'll get the digital cam from work monday and upload some pics. ;)

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Well, considering that I'm one of those people who wants to keep the DE even though it's NOT milspec...

Maybe if we could choose between both skins?

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
The reason that the changes are being made it too balance out gameplay a bit. As far as I can tell the Desert Eagle doesn't disrupt anything.

Changing the trigger group on the shotgun from Pump/Semi to Semi only and giving you the ability to aim through it like a normal weapon does little to balance it out. Lowering the the price of the semi-auto sniper rifle does little to balance out gameplay.

Where did you guys get the idea, that the DE is not milspec?? I have an Israeli issue Desert Eagle. I just checked it out.

It's not milspec because 100% of the DEs produced goto private ownership. The Israelis did experiments that to see if giving tank commanders a high powered handgun was more effective than an SMG.
They weren't.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
it's in keep it in, at least give it a decent blued skin because the silver one reeks.

BTW i honestly think tac-ops DE skin is the best one of all 5 shown.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Alright, according to all I heard from any weapon expert on this board, no Army in this world had the DE issued to it's troops.

The fact you read IMI on a DE just tells you it was manufactured by IMI, not that it was issued to the Israeli Army(IDF?).

Many have stated they saw pictures of soldiers carrying a DE in Bosnia, Kosovo, but those were usually no regular troops and got them privately. You also see people with taped mags in the news, which doesn't mean any army tells it's soldiers to tape their mags.

IIRC the question posed in this thread was, if the DE should be scrapped. So it asked for personaly opinions.
My personal opinion is, that the DE is non-milspec and therefore doesn't fit into INF(much like the G11, but that's another story). Since I also don't use the DE it simply becomes a bit more of space on my hard drive - not that it would hurt me, I've got enough space..

So, basically I don't care if the DE is in or not, it doesn't hurt me and I don't use it. But if you ask for my personal opinion, you'll get the answer to scrap it.

Snakeye :D

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
I dont know anything about which armies were issued it, Im relying on others knowledge there. and I understand from that the desert eagle WAS issued and used for a length of time.

even if that turns out untrue, dosent change the fact that I want the gear they have.
My opinion is weather the soldier bought it or weather it was issued to him, if it was there and it was being used thats what counts.

I agree its hard to prove the population of unissued weapons in a military force. there are probly just as many colts etc as there are DE's

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Snakeye is correct.

The IDF DOES NOT use the Dessert Bagle. Never have. Never will.

The DE should be melted down and turned into a Mack truck.

If you REALLY want a non milspec handgun, then use the FN FrotyNine, at least it's suited to the job.

The roblem with the DE in INF is that INF isn't able to fairly represent the downside to using a DE. the #1 downside its that it's massivly prone to stovepipes, which is in essence a jam, which Inf doesn't do. It has no advantage over any handgun currently in or planned for inclusion to Inf. It doesn't look cool, it looks like ass, so dont try to pull a CS and say "itz t3h l33t guz0r, j00 sux0rz, DE 0wnz j00 K THX BYE!!!!!111".

As far as I'm concerned, function dictates beauty, so in no particular order, are the sexiest pistols of all time.

FN FortyNine
Browning Double Action
HK USP40/45/9
HK SOCOM
Glock 17/31/33

Replace the DE with any of those, and I'm a happy little Aussie.

wrdaniel

Aug 30, 2001
every weapon & every attachment in INF is nice, aslong theres balance in gameplay. if you don't like it, don't take it. if there's one who has less fun cause the DE is in, then the prob. is not the DE. IMO they should only add military weapons, cause it will make INF different from other games. But remove a weapon allready in game is stupid.

Ranger .223

Leadin the way
Jun 15, 2001
Looserville Ky
Visit site
leave it damnit! i use it as my sidearm alot, i can peg targets all the way across the leve, and if there was a pistol whip option what would you rather have, a DE or a lil cap gun 5-7, im not sayin the 5-7 aint good i just prefer .357 over ap rounds that sound like a cap gun, also i think the de might be used more if it were flat black as opposed to the silver.at least then it could be more militaryish.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
The Desert Eagle was NEVER issued to any military unit. This includes the Israeli military.

It's design is by the US company Magnum research and is only manufactured by Israeli Military Industries, which in itself is actually primarily an ammunition manufacturer. The Desert Eagle is built only for the commercial civilian market.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Nice to see ShakKen back with a vengance. :D

Now answer my ICQ message and tell everyone that the DE is removed from Inf 2.87 and replaced by the Mk23 SOCOM.

Seriously, is it gonna happen? Is the DE going?

But remove a weapon allready in game is stupid.

I suppose that makes taking out the VERY out of place AT4 "stupid"? :rolleyes: