1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Transcript Of Tim Sweeney Video Interview

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, May 22, 2005.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Transcript courtesy of placebo:

2. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Well, we warned you that the Tim Sweeney interview we posted earlier (story) was of poor audio quality. Apparently, placebo agrees and has kindly written a transcript of the conversation.

Freeman: And will a 6800 Ultra be able to run Unreal Engine 3 with all the options maxed at 1024 by 768?

Sweeney: Yeah, 1024 by 768 should be perfect for an Ultra, of course by the time Unreal Tournament 2007 ships at the middle or the end of next year, you'll have even higher-end cards than that; you'll have four times the performance, so you'll be able to run 1600 by 1200 on those.

3. SanitysEdge

SanitysEdge Aspiring Astrophysicist

I thought UT2007 wasnt coming to the X360???

4. Kriegs-Maschine

Kriegs-Maschine New Member

Damn... I'm a "fan" of ATI and never liked Nvidia cards (already had 2 of them) and I was thinking of getting a R520 for my next 3d card since now I have a Radeon 9800 Pro... and he says G70 for sure... of course its nothing official since both cards aren't out yet so we can't make deep comparaison... but this thing quite "freak me out" a bit.

5. Don't forget that they get money from Nvidia for the "the way it's meant to be played" so him saying nvid. for sure just means he's abiding by the contract between them.