TRADE: My GeFarce2 GTS 32MB for your Voodoo5 5500 AGP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gryphon

Apr 2, 2000
And this time I mean it. Save all the comments about how my card is superior, yadda yadda yadda. My f*cking card DOES NOT WORK WITH UT!!! And at present that's the ONLY 3D game I play, so this card is doing me absolutely no good. When the GeForce3 Ti500's come down from the exorbitant $500 they're currently priced at, I will buy one. In the meantime I need to beta test 2.87.

I want a Voodoo5 5500 AGP 64 MB. Doesn't have to be brand new but it should work. Drivers optional. I don't need all the crap that came with it like game demos, etc. In trade you'll get a Chaintech GeForce2 GTS 32MB AGP wirth drivers and manual and box. Or if the price is right I'll just buy your Voodoo5.

Any takers?

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
What kind of problems are you having?

First, try goto unreal.epicgames.com and download the latest OpenGL and DirectX drivers for UT. Second, play around with the infiltration.ini and unrealtournament.ini files to customize the driver settings. Try both DX and OGL. Get the latest drivers for your card, too. I can't see any reason why your card wouldn't work. I've never had trouble with mine, and no one else has had problems either.

Gryphon

Apr 2, 2000
I did all that already. I've tried ten different driver versions for this POS and OGL crashes EVERY time. D3D looks like sh*t, artificing everywhere, and put 16 bots on the screen and the framerate drops to FOUR.

I've had it with this card. I want a Voodoo5.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
Gryphon... you can get one for 50-70 bucks on ebay and it runs both OpenGL and Glide.

That offer sounds tempting... but I wouldn't give up my V5 for love or money :)

&

&quot;Sp!ke&quot;

According to this thing here: http://www.threecom.de/artikel/nvidia1/

Then the Gf3s are going to drop in price, so i would rather get one of those, when the GF4 arrives...

THings to try also: Get the latest official drivers for your card, re install UT, use the original D3d drivers and it should work(i hope UT has worked at some point before, right?)

And VooDoos suck compared to a cheap card like a GF3 ti 200...

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Are you overclocking your Geforce, Gryph? Sounds like a hardware problem to me. Maybe you don't have adequate cooling, you overclocked it too high, or the board is simply damaged.

&

&quot;Sp!ke&quot;

You say that ut is the only 3d game youre playing, have youtried any other 3d games?

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
not true my GF3 Ti 200 runs UT like my ****ing TNT2, crappy. As for ghost recon, wolfenstien and other NON voodoo based games, it kicks major ass

Gryphon

Apr 2, 2000
Like I said, I've tried about a dozen different Detonator versions and this card rejected ALL of them. Even the drivers on the CD don't work with UT. The card's not overclocked.

&

&quot;Sp!ke&quot;

"not true my GF3 Ti 200 runs UT like my ****ing TNT2, crappy. As for ghost recon, wolfenstien and other NON voodoo based games, it kicks major ass"

Ive got a Ti200 for comp 2 and I used to have a TNT 2 Ultra, and with the OpenGL drivers , I get around 70-80fps compared to 30-40 with the TNT2...

Gryph: If the card is ****ed then I dont think anybody wants to trade with you:D

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
You either A) Got a fooked up card or B) It's because it's the 32mb version. I've never used it myself so I can't honestly answer you.

I've used the GF2 GTS 64mb and the GF3 ti 500 and have loved both.

But Gryph-- I know this card will run great for UT, but think about the future. Many games coming out barely support or not at all the Voodoo cards. Look at Tribes 2 for example. Sure, you'll get good performance in UT-- but what about Unreal 2, Unreal Championship or the other new games?

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
I hope they wont keep us waiting much longer for Unreal2, so we can get rid of this steaming pile of voodoo based s<b></b>hit that is Unreal Tournament.

I was deleriously happy when i found out i could run OGL just as well as i could D3D on this new box, "No more f<b></b>ucking errors on the models!" i thought...and no, there arent, they are just in the maps now instead :rolleyes:

So which is better? f<b></b>ucked up weapons and players, or f<b></b>ucked up maps?

- I await U2 :(

&

&quot;Sp!ke&quot;

"I was deleriously happy when i found out i could run OGL just as well as i could D3D on this new box"

New box? What kind of box?

Camel_Toe(l)

Form Fitting
Mar 19, 2001
Not Toledo!
I have a V5 5500, but it melted. :(

I do have a V3 that I'm not using at the moment and works perfectly.......
Runs inf almost as well as the V5.