Toying....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-=DARCHANGEL=-

Burning in Hell and loving it!
Birelli said:
Yeah, the only thing that could be better about the ScriptedTrigger is if it was a subclass of Trigger and wasn't called ScriptedTrigger. Subclassing from Trigger wouldn't make the slightest bit of sense code-wise, but an obscure part of the class tree and the word "script" combine to make it one of the most underused actors of all time relative to its usefulness ;).

It is the naming of some actors that is making it confusing - I am an old man - lol

JBInfoJail does not have some of the Variables mentioned in Wiki???

-=DARCHANGEL=-

n00bkillin said:
bunnytrack arenas! That would be really cool actually

Wiv cawwots and evwything?

Plan for the future map is this:-

Two locks on a spinning platform with lots of pillars to jump from before, during and after an arena match - arena time set long enough to accomplish task and allow full capture of teams.

I think all 'bunnies' should be happy ;)

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
-=DARCHANGEL=- said:
JBInfoJail does not have some of the Variables mentioned in Wiki???

The JDN is down for me at the moment so I can't check, but I'm almost positive the documentation for the JBInfoJail actor is correct there. Some are under +JBInfoJail and some under +Events, depending on what the property does.

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
-=DARCHANGEL=- said:
lots of pillars to jump from before, during and after an arena match - arena time set long enough to accomplish task and allow full capture of teams.
What about when the opponent dies during their jumps or being shot...wont you get warped free alone Before you could reach the button to release the others? :hmm:
thats if im thinking what your thinking :con:
I hope you get round this, an obsitcal arena would be good as a test of skill rather then first one too the sheild/double damage/big guns which can end quickly, which i feel alot of people dont like. :eek:

-=DARCHANGEL=-

Trueblood said:
What about when the opponent dies during their jumps or being shot...wont you get warped free alone Before you could reach the button to release the others? :hmm:

That's the main, possibly only, problem I can see. I think further feedback would shed some light onto it. Edit some scripting after a player dies in the arena?

Trueblood said:
thats if im thinking what your thinking :con:

It looks like you are - This was the first problem I encountered at the thinking about it stage. As I have stated, I am a new mapper of mature years with too much time on my hands and mapping seems to be a good hobby.

Trueblood said:
I hope you get round this, an obsitcal arena would be good as a test of skill rather then first one too the sheild/double damage/big guns which can end quickly, which i feel alot of people dont like. :eek:

Someone will get there before me I'm sure, but I just hope that it catches on. There are only 4 JB servers left at the moment (mine will be back up soon) and I think there is just an edge if this type of arena could work. I have designed an arena on paper, just needs the coding and mapping.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
-=DARCHANGEL=- said:
That's the main, possibly only, problem I can see. I think further feedback would shed some light onto it. Edit some scripting after a player dies in the arena?
If a player falls make it so he just lands somewhere but doesn't die. You could make it a place where they couldn't get back up or so they have to climb a ladder or somit so they are at a disadvantage and have little or no chance in getting to the release point before the oponent