Tough Times (Split from thread: Left 4 Dead)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
Ohio...that suck ass STATE.
Guess what....I got a job offer from Xavier University in Cincinnati. I'll be commuting for a while until we are able to move closer. So we are going to try and finish getting the kitchen remodeled and go around and fix all the other crapola. I took a slight paycut but my wife is going back to work to make up the difference. This was the fourth job I applied for and the first to interview me. I'm now ready to move on and leave NCR behind (BASTARDS). I'll start my new job at the end of the month. Morty will be soon returning to gaming!!! YEAH!!!

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
What kind of position? I graduated in Dec '99, so most of the people I knew could be gone, but you never know! I was a CS major, and considering your background.... :)

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
What kind of position? I graduated in Dec '99, so most of the people I knew could be gone, but you never know! I was a CS major, and considering your background.... :)

Desktop Security Administrator....but it's basically the same job I'm doing now at NCR but I have to learn MACs OSX10.5. I have one in a VMware setup but I have to get the hardware too. Might have to invest in a MAC.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Yeah, when I was there, they had desktop labs, terminal labs, and MAC labs. The CS guys wouldn't be caught dead in the MAC labs. I'm surprised they didn't go all Linux since I left, since it seemed to be on the rise.

Anyway, very happy for you, Morty! Make us proud!

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Nice.. Kinda surprised you didn't get any hits from WP-AFB with a Govy position. Talk about Job Security, the way the world is there will always be a need for Security.

Congrats..

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
First 2 days of the new job were filled with HR stuff so I didn't get really get going until Wednesday. The last 3 days of the week I felt as if I got some headway going. Already have 1 assigment given to me on Friday. Typical me I looked into it right away and think it's a on demand scanner issue and I will have to modify the McAfee ePO to allow the executable to run. No biggie but I want to test it first be implementing it in the enterprise.

Enough about me and the new job........after a virtual full week this coming week at Xavier I'm thinking about making a comeback to 2 days a week playing online. Any of you guys still playing Monday and Wednesday nights next week? Soccer still on but I should be online later since I'm no longer the "ON CALL BOY".

Let me know fellas.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
I still play L4D, and I'd be happy to join you folks in GW once in a while... just let me know when you're going to be around.

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
You guys doing the G-Dub. I'm thinging G-Dub 2 is going to be the next game for us. OK. I'm willing to create a new charactor and have one of those make a new charactor campains. Or if any of you need a the newber charactor setup then let me know.

Later dudes.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
I just brought New Character (Mes/Nec) over from Pre-Searing.
Kinda fun running around at low level again, already made it to EOTN so got a few Hero's and leveling up. Then head back and and do the other areas. Kinda got bored of farming over and over again.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
How many folks are game for some UT action before Server goes Bye Bye??
I am always up for a Boney arse whooping....:lol::lol:

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Have to check the AOWC Control Center. They will have the date listed there. Saturday sounds good to me.. Now what about the rest of you folks..

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Here's the UT Server INFO:

ID: 28328 IP: 75.102.47.43 Game: Unreal Tournament 2004
Your server is due to be cancelled on Friday, September 25, 2009.