1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Touching up the list: 950 ways

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by Sir_Brizz, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Okay. If ANYONE craps on this thread AT ALL, I will close it if the Mods don't beat me to it.

Here is the complete list I got off the original thread that weren't just dumb. There were 950 of them (thanks TaleWeaver)

The purpose behind this thread is to get the list cleaned up and presentable, because I would like BuF to be able to release it as just a funny thing (if they want).

Your Job: Find duplicate numbers, or duplicate reasons and let me know. I have a master document I will be updating along with this thread. If you find one that is duplicated, you are asked to provide a new reason, although you don't need to.

Again, ANY CRAPPING ON THE THREAD IS UNACCEPTABLE. There will be NO ADDING TO THE LIST. If you want to have an e-weiner fight with someone else, do it in OT or in PM. If you think something SHOULD be added to the list (because it is so funny and so true), then PM me, those requests do not belong in this thread.

To those that got the last thread locked: STAY OUT!

P.S. If you need the document in another format, PM me.

Attached Files:

2. BoboThePenguin

BoboThePenguin Bird. Bird. Bird. Bird is the word.

Thank you for doing this Brizz. The other thread was just pathetic...

3. Cantina_Fly

Cantina_Fly This space intentionally left blank...

Ok, read through the first 150. Only noticed minor things.

17. I think "from" should be "for".

Run a spell check over the whole thing, I know it will pull up alot of junk (internet chat, smileyes, etc...), but there are a decent amount of real spelling mistakes too.

I'd suggest if other people are going to proof read, we all read different parts and maybe coordinate them here. I know I'll read them all eventually, but this will help to expidite the process since I don't think anyone wants to read all 25 pages in one sitting. :)

4. I_B_Bangin

I_B_Bangin habitual line stepper

I thought this was a dedication thread to the old school 950 clan! :( I miss those nerds!

5. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

#clan950 on irc.gamesurge.net not a lot of people there but it still exists.

6. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

We so needed a cleaned-up list with correct numbering and no spam. :tup::tup:

7. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Wandering spirit

Looks like a good idea :) . There's some more problems with the conversion thread->text, however. As people replied to previous ones, they often gave reasons that didn't have anything to do with UT anymore (933. You enjoy helping a bunch of morons count 24/7). I guess these should be replaced.
    Others where only funny because of added links (751. You use one of these bumper stickers), or replied to added pictures (934. You think Hyrulian is hot.)
    I'll see what I can do to make it accessible for peeps that didn't knew the thread

@BoboThePenguin: I enjoyed that thread. It just ended in a bad way :(

8. TossMonkey

TossMonkey brown bread?

"248. When you close UT you can still see the weapon bar because it is burnt into your Monitor"

Very funny stuff.

9. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

37 & 38 are duplicates ...
    And can we please get this in Uscript-format *eh* plain ASCII for the ones without Mss Word on their pc ?

10. Sir_Brizz

yes I will create a txt version after I clean up some spellings right now.

11. Sir_Brizz

here is the spell checked. there are still some mistakes, but I fixed most of them. I can't believe how terrible spellers some people are, I can't tell you how many times realize was spelled "realise" or because spelled bcuase...

anyways, two files, a doc and a txt.

Attached Files:

12. KenjiE20

KenjiE20 Member

That's probably an American English / English (UK) thing.

13. TossMonkey

TossMonkey brown bread?

It is spelt "realise". And it is spelt "spelt".

14. Sir_Brizz

yah well there goes for trusting OpenOffice :p

15. Taleweaver

I didn't realise the word realise was spelt (spelled?) 'realize' ;)
    my dictionary approves the 'with a z option'. I really hope it's something English/American, 'cause I could have sworn I knew how to spell it.
    ...also: what's with the 'cos'. A cos is the horizontal distance of an angle in a goniometric circle; it's NOT a replacement of the word because (or 'cause, if you're too lazy to type all the words). :lol:
    Or am I wrong on this too (and my dictionary with me) :rolleyes: ?

I have some less good news too: I'm going through the text, and I've found no less than 51 off-topics/double posts, and I'm only at nr 400! :( I'll post these numbers when I'm through the list
    I also mark the gramatical errors that I know are wrong (since English isn't my native language, there will be more). Sir_Brizz: you can expect it from me in eh...let's say two days max.

16. B

B Bee

English isn't everyone's native language so spellingerrors are easie to make ;)

17. Sir_Brizz

A couple of places say cos play, in other words 'costume play' which I left in because they made sense.

18. BooGiTyBoY

BooGiTyBoY The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR

Wow... you really DO learn something new everyday. :lol:

19. Taleweaver

It's been almost a week since I heard anything from the list. Is there still someone working on it, or making up new reasons?
    Just checking

PS: I'm not sure, but is this what forummers call a 'bump'?

20. Mulch_D

Mulch_D Noxious Weed

A bumb is basicly what you just did, it's pushing or "bumping" a thread to the top of the list.