UE3 - UT3 Total Conversion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sapphire

Dec 1, 2008
Hello People, I am looking to starting a total conversion I find some information where to start, but is there any decent tutorials that provide really in-depth information that helps.

just want to start from my own .exe

i just want to know where to start and creating my own UIs and HUDs and all that.

if anyone can supply any helpful information that would be helpful thank you! :)

Sapphire

Dec 1, 2008
i would also like to make sure that liek most total conversions when i create a executable version the normal unreal editor cant access the packages for the mod!

Sapphire

Dec 1, 2008
well, is it cooked packages that lock the stuff because... here is a prime example... The Haunted mod... all there packages can be accessed using there version of the editor BUT the Unreal Tournament 3 editor cant access them packages but obviously there editor can access the UT3 packages.

how is it that there version of the editor is the only one that makes there packages accessble!?

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
I guess you could open them fine with the normal editor, but they need extra scripts that only get loaded with their editor. (Assuming you are talking about the UT3 mod version)

Sapphire

Dec 1, 2008
yeah i am i see what you mean! see i wan't to get to that point i don't know how they got there i don't know whether to start there with my own version that looks up my own scripts for actor classes and that or to start to make levels and then work on that or what?