1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Top Gear

Discussion in 'General' started by Malibu Barbie, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Malibu Barbie

Malibu Barbie Action Figure

Okay, how many of you are car guys? I would imagine this game would have quite a few "car guy" types. So out of those of you who are car guys, how many of you watch car-related TV shows?

Here in the US, there are quite a lot of automotive TV shows. PBS' Motorweek is very informative, but quite plain. Some of the car shows on SpikeTV are just plain stooopid. MTV's Pimp my ride is repetitive, and the scripted parts are painful to watch. Not to mention I wouldn't be caught dead in most of those cars. Monster Garage is a little interesting, but someone should shoot that announcer out of his misery, and send that annoying dwarf guy back to the circus. Come to think of it, since David Lynch came along, way too many movies and TV show have dwarfs playing exactly the caricature types most dwarfs abhor to be associated with. But I digress.

Overhauling is pretty good, but there is way too much Chip Foose worshiping in it. Okay, the guy is damn good, but please stop remind us ever 10 seconds of how good he is.

Recently I was watching Discovery Channel late at night while trying to fall asleep, when some British car show called Top Gear came up. Since British TV tends to have the same format as PBS (not a bad thing by the way), I thought it was going to be the British version of Autoweek. But from the get go, I realized this was not only the best automotive TV show ever, but one of the best TV shows I've seen in a very long time. Guys who are really childishly excited about fast cars, great interviews with people really into cars, doing goofy stuff like sending an 80 year old Irish nun to a monster-truck stunt driving school, and so on. So if you ever have a chance to watch it, DO IT! You can also watch some of videos clips here.

2. Fraggee_Rok

Fraggee_Rok Yeeeehuh?

Ahh yes - I very much enjoy Top Gear [being in the UK myself]. I've personally recorded several 'sketches' onto my computer, one of my favourite being Aygo football - think Kball but for real!
    I'm not a huge car nut as it goes though, as I only passed my driving test two months ago and have a tiny 1.2 Corsa to my name. I don't really understand why some people [at least in this country - maybe elsewhere too?] buy a car for about £500, then spend £3000+ sticking stupid exhausts, trims and bass-bins in / on it. Bloody hell... Spend the money on a decent vehicle first y'idiots! *steps off his box*

3. ProjectX

ProjectX Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps

yeah I watch it here in the UK, a classic.

Especially their prejudice against caravans, like when hey played conkers with them...

Anyone ever seen the show Braniac: Science Abuse? That's done by one of the presenters from Top Gear (the short one). They do stupid and insane things with science, including blowing up caravans in various ways.

4. bobnine

bobnine JamesG

Top Gear is the show I always remember to watch at the exact time it ends(I tune in during the closing credits). The problem is its the only good thing on prime(tv channel), so I never watch prime unless I mannage to remember thats its on, which is hard to do because i dont watch prime so I don't see the adds for it :(

And then its the show all my friends talk about during lunch at school the next day, and I think to myself "I can't belive I missed a Ferrari trying to avoid an apachie trying to get a missile lock on it!" , but looking at my TV guide now, it appears this season's seris has finnished, oh well, maybe next year I'll remeber to watch it **sigh**

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005