1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Top 2000

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by _Zd_3s_, Dec 24, 2001.

1. _Zd_3s_

_Zd_3s_ Regristered User

They are broadcasting the "Top 2000 of all times" here in Holland at the time. They play the 2000 best songs of all time in some six days or so. I just downloaded the first 25. They are all good songs, but I really don't understand why Bohemian Rhapsody is number 1. I also think there could have been some other genres other than Seventies Rock. :D

2. mobace

mobace rimmerlike :(

Hmmm... I know the classic rock station back home did the same kind of thing and ran Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven as the top rock and roll song of all time.

3. larrystorch

larrystorch New Member

every classic rock station in the world names Stairway the best all-time song.:rolleyes:

4. 8-4-7-2

8-4-7-2 New Member

I don't understand why Bohemian Rhapsody is no1 either. It's a nice song but not the best

Anyways, nice list. I already have most of them

5. mobace

mobace rimmerlike :(

I wonder what the classic rock station will name as the top song ever 30 years from now... I hope its one of the 90s era Alt Rockers... specially Smashing Pumpkins or Everclear

6. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

It looks like that list was compiled by "most-played" and not necessarily the best songs. I can look through that list and tell you a half dozen songs by each artist that are better than the ones listed.

7. Karsehole

Karsehole Flibbiddydibbiddydob

Last year they showed the `50 best rocksongs of all time` on TV over here.

Blink 182 had the 3rd or 4th place :rolleyes:

I was shocked to see how many people, who absolutely donĀ“t know **** about music, vote in polls like that. blegh! :mad: