1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Top 10 Games of all time?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ragna, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Killah_

Killah_ Just a guy hanging around

My favourite games, in a random order:
    Unreal
    Diablo II
    Battlefield 1942 (Desert Combat Mod)
    Need for Speed (most parts)
    Sonic (Sega Megadrive) All parts
    Undying
    Aliens vs Predator 2
    Mortal Kombat 3
    Unreal Tournament
    Total Annihilation

2. Dark[NSF]

Dark[NSF] Northwest Secessionalist Forces

1. Deus Ex
    2. UT2k4
    3. Half Life 2
    4. Candy Land!
    5. repeat list..

3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Wandering spirit

1. tie: UT2004 - UT99 (UT2004 is coming close to claim the title, though ;) )

3. rollercoaster tycoon 1 & 2 (awesome, as long as you have unlimited money)

4. fallout 1 & 2 (2 was much better though)

5. monkey island series (You fight like a dairy farmer :lol: ;) )

6. doom 1 & 2 (wasted soooo many hours on these)

7. Tony hawk pro skater 2 (Jay for trickjumping :D )

8. tie: starcraft - warcraft 3 - Red alert 2 (what can I say? I can't decide)

Honourable mentions:
    solsuite (who can resist hundreds of solitaire variants...though I only play spider solitaire)

stunts (build your own F1 racetrack with loopings, halfpipes, mazes, bridges,... too bad it's terribly outdated now :( )

bubble bobble (gameboy) (about the only reason I think back to my rusty gameboy)

Unreal1 (pretty good, but didn't had much time to play back then)

GTA vice city (loved the side missions)

Serious sam (when I finished it, I had killed >1500 enemies...and that was on "easy" ;) )

magic workstation (not really a game, but solitaire magic+card database is good enough for a mention)

commando's (I still remember the arguments with my friends: No no, wait! Try going over there. Aw, he saw you. Maybe if you kill him first, then...)

pang (arcade) (shoot the bubble into smaller ones, and make sure they don't touch you)

Leisure suit larry series (played my first one before computers even had color monitors)

The Incredible Machine Series (thanks for reminding me, Airmoran :) )

4. Ragna

Ragna Was online.

The Incredible Machine? OMG, cool! My mum found this in the bargin bin (at EB) so she bought it for me so it would help me logically. I wasted sooooo many hrs on that :D I kept making my own puzzles, I made one where you have to get a ball down to the bottom of the screen to blow the sh1t out of the many Mels I've added, then they would fall into a pit of crocodiles. :lol:
    I couldn't believe I didn't add this to my list!

Sierra should make a 3d version of it, it would have the best graphics and physics eva!

5. BulletProof

BulletProof ...I wish I was

Don't feel like making a top ten list so here are a few.

UT
    Starcraft
    Freespace
    Splinter Cell
    DF2: Jedi Knight
    FF7
    Xenogears
    Gran Tourismo 3

6. .altan

.altan Tomorrow

1. Deus Ex - Just the best game ever. Immersive, detailed, not too linear, and amazing gameplay.
    [​IMG]

2. Unreal Tournament - Awesome replayability, tons of available maps, great gameplay online or with bots.
    [​IMG]

3. Metal Gear Solid - Immersive, full of action, mediocre story but backed up with excellent characters, scripted sequences and overall execution.
    [​IMG]

4. Morrowind + Expansions - Insane replayability. Tons of stuff to do. Great world, story and very accessible for people that aren't so hardcore about RPGs. Thriving community that has created many mods and plugins.
    [​IMG]

5. Alpha Centauri - Best Turn-Based Strategy game so far. Interesting environments, technologies, and units - you can even design your own! Uses voxels to make graphics that were pretty good at its time, and ran fast too. 3D terrain, interesting systems of economy and politics. Better than Civ. Very replayable.
    [​IMG]

6. Civilization II: The Test of Time - Civ 2 clone with slightly better graphics, though a bit darker (you can enable old graphics too). What can I say, it's Civilization II. Great replayability.
    [​IMG]

7. Grand Theft Auto + London '69
    The ones that started it all. I used to go to my cousin's house and spend hours there just so I could play these - my mom wouldn't buy it for me.
    [​IMG]

8. Sim City 2000
    We bought a CD-ROM drive and sound card just so I could play this. Great game. I still play it sometimes.
    [​IMG]

9. Hitman 2 + Contracts - It reminds me a lot of Deus Ex, with the sneaking and multiple ways you can complete a mission. Lots of fun weapons to use. Good, moody graphics.
    [​IMG]

10. Full Throttle - You're the badass leader of a motorcycle gang. You solve a murder, and you kill the lying crook. You run around while on flames. You jump over a gorge with your motorcycle. You kick ass. This would be a lot higher up the list if it weren't so short. Oh, I just finished it for the first time 20 minutes ago.
    [​IMG]

I can't believe I spent 30 minutes making this post.

7. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Wandering spirit

...And I can't believe One Must Fall 2097 isn't on your list ;)

8. anaemic

anaemic she touch your penis?

Fallout 2
    Fallout 1
    Contra/Probotector 1
    Sam and Max hit the road
    FF X
    FF X-2
    DBZ Budoukai 3
    GTA : Vice City ( no my dizzle word up homie bro bitach isnt better )
    Diablo 2
    Morrowind

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  9. el_Marko

el_Marko 'tuns

Unreal Tournament (PC)
    Fallout 2 (PC)
    Fallout 1 (PC)
    Unreal Tournament 2004 (PC) :G
    FF X (PS2)
    StarCraft (PC)
    Half Life (PC)
    Half Life ² (PC)
    Monkey Island (PC)
    Hunter (Amiga)

10. .altan

.altan Tomorrow

How the hell did I forget :( I'd put it at number 8, and shift all of them down, knocking Full Throttle off the list.

11. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Huh didn't know morrowind was a First person game...

12. Synastren

Synastren Explodious!

Did you never look at any screenshots, Neo? :)
    You can play it either as First Person or Third Person. Or both. I would think that most people play it through the first person view.

13. .altan

.altan Tomorrow

You can switch between third person and first person easily. I prefer using FP during combat, and TP in towns.

Hitman also does both, it's good for when you want to get a more accurate shot with your pistol.

14. _Zd_Phoenix_

_Zd_Phoenix_ Queen of BuFdom

wow good choice! :eek: :tup:

15. SkummyB|BuF

SkummyB|BuF Would you like to see me dance?

OMFG.... that game ruled - it was sooooo hard though :)

16. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

Boogity - us "old" guys have got to stick together......

-original Wing Commander
    -Commander Keen
    -Missle Command
    -Pac-Man (you young bucks don't remember just how HUGE the Pac-Man craze was. Halo's got noting on the big round guy)
    -Pong (great grandfather of the gaming kingdom, responsible for introducing gaming to my generation)
    -Wolfenstein 3D
    -Space Invaders
    -first Grand Tourismo
    -Civilization
    -Bird vs. Dr. J

17. NeoNite

Guess not. Well, I never really was attracted to/interested in playing the game.
    Heard about it a couple of times, but other games had priority I suppose...

18. NiftyBoy

NiftyBoy Dandified

Oh and how could I forget Silent Hill? Sure, System Shock 2 was scary in that desolation-omg-what-was-that way, but Silent Hill is the only game to ever actually give me nightmares. It had the perfect amount of psychological wtf-ness and an extremely complex (if you interpret it that way) story. The endings, all equally dismal and morbid, each changed the entire basis of the story. It was awesome :tup: I haven't tried the three sequels yet, but I just might go game-shopping after I get Christmas gift moneh ;) The Room sounds like my kind of game :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2004
  19. NeoNite

You know, about Wolfenstein3D.
    I considered adding it to the list, but tbh it's quite a ****ty game.

Come on, seriously. The levels are practically all the same. The player movement is horrible, the colours/textures are bright/boring, the enemy well... not all that either.

If you have doom2, try Wolfendoom. You'll be able to play the entire wolfenstein game, but with added levels (dungeons), outside areas and extra sounds.(birds for example).

It's so much more better.

Just type "wolfendoom" in google. Worth checking out.

20. Witty

Witty I hear only yes.

Half Life 1
    Unreal Tournament
    Deus Ex
    Half Life 2
    Fallout 2
    Baldur's Gate
    Tie Fighter
    UT2K3
    Shattered Steel (pwned Mechwarrior)
    NFS: Porsche Unleashed