Top 10 Games of all time?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
I'd have to say..

Final Fantasy VII
GTA3
UT
Super Mario RPG
GTA: San Andreas
Halo 2
Halo
Crimson Skies

Most of these are fairly new games but they're pretty amazing to me. Vice City was fun but when I think about it... GTA3 was groundbreaking, and Vice City was a huge improvement... but now that I play San Andreas, Vice City seems like nothing. I think it kind of overshadows it. FF7 has always been my favorite game of all time though. Yeah, I know, most of mine are console games. :(

Romulan

Holding on
Jun 4, 2004
home.fuse.net
No particular order since that would probably take me years to figure out, especially since the list itself is constantly changing:

Final Fantasy VII (PSX)
Doom (PC)
Baldur's Gate Saga (PC)
Street Fighter II: Turbo Hyper Fighting (ARC, SNES)
X-Wing (PC)
Silent Hill (PSX)
Final Fantasy Adventure <-> Seiken Densetsu (GB)
Crystalis (NES)
Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link (NES)
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
More or less in a vague kind of order

UT2k4
GTA:Vice City (though I haven't got SA yet...so this will probably out shine it)
MoH:Spearhead (just for Multiplayer fun))
Hitman 2
SSX3
Timeplitters 2
Wip3out (classic PS1 game)
Red Faction

NiftyBoy

Dandified
Mar 29, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
1. Thief: The Metal Age
2. Riven
3. Team Fortress Classic (Half-Life mod)
4. Half-Life 2
5. Yoshi's Island (SNES)
6. Diablo II, Lord of Destruction
7. Soul Reaver 2
8. Unreal
9. Momento Mori I & II (Doom mods)
10. Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)

Ragna

Was online.
Dec 1, 2004
Sydney, AUS
Freon said:
I feel like we had a thread like that 1 month ago :p

Well I did register to the BU Forums a couple of days ago, at least cut me some slack :p...
Me searching for forums? Can't be bothered...

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
From an enjoyment perspective...

1.Homeworld Cataclysm
2.Half Life 2
3.Total Annihilation
4.Natural Selection
5.Forsaken
6.Future Cop LAPD
7.Morrowind
8.AOE The Conquerers
9.Jedi Academy
10.Madness

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
My top ten:

Winning Eleven 7 International (bears mentioning that Pro Evolution Soccer 4 isn't as good)
Unreal Tournament
Rise of the Triad
Half-Life 2
Diablo II
Metroid Prime (hon. mention: Super Metroid)
Soul Calibur II (hon. mention: Soul Calibur)
Super Mario World
NHL 94
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

K.Y.A.G

Alive in The Superunknown
Aug 16, 2002
Windsa, MA
Visit site
(I haven't owned very many games in my life time :D)

Jedi Knight : Dark Forces
Half - Life 2
Unreal Tournament
Age of Empires 2
Everquest (It didn't have any outstanding qualities, it was just real fn addictive)
COD
Morrowind

Synastren

Explodious!
Jun 22, 2001
KU
I rather like these kinds of threads, because you can find out how many people love crappy games, and see how many awesome games are left out. No one said anything about System Shock 2, or Metroid Prime 2: Echos (which is so very, very much better than MP1 which has been mentioned), or Aliens versus Predator 2 (which, again, is better than AvP1 which has been mentioned), or Fallout (Fallout 2 is almost the same, though). I'm seriously surprised that Neverwinter Nights would even be mentioned--it was a rather horrible game. I was quite disappointed in the game. Ironically enough, I expected more Icewind Dale/Bauldur's Gate entries, or Planetscape: Torment. I surely expected more than one or two people saying Morrowind.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
Yeah, I'm personally surprised that nobody's mentioned x-com. Come on, a game that influential and is just flatout perfection HAS to be on somebody's list.

Anyways, picking 5-10 movie/game/songs/whatever of all time is always difficult simply because 99% of movies, games, and what have you lose luster and simply stop being entertaining given enough time, which makes keeping perspective difficult for me. This ain't "top 10 greatest World Leaders", after all.

So yeah, letme see... looking back into my childhood... top 10 pc games (just to keep things focused)

X-com
Day of the Tentacle
Half-Life (2?)
Tribes
NOLF
SimTower
Lode Runner Returns
Incredible Machines 3.0
System Shock 2
Mechwarrior Merc

And a buncha quirky games that are insanely fun for half a year, then suddenly dissapear off the radar, such as Re-Volt, Monopoly Tycoon (yes), Starsiege, etc.

Man, I lived such a sad childhood.