1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[TOOL]10,000 Days

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Traxis, Apr 19, 2006.

1. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

I like A Perfect Circle nearly as much as Tool so I guess I will be happy if that is true.....

2. TomWithTheWeather

TomWithTheWeather Die Paper Robots!

What?

3. Cap'n Beeb

Cap'n Beeb Banned

Good god, relax. It's just an album.

4. Bean 3:16

Bean 3:16 New Member

I'll go with TWTW on the "What?" reaction.

5. Bean 3:16

Bean 3:16 New Member

So I finally was able to sit down and absorb the album and...I dig it. A lot. Completely NOT disappointed. It feels a little more aggressive, but tigher aggression, not like raw Opiate aggression, if that makes sense. I don't get too much of a Lateralus vibe. It definitely has a different feel, at least to me. Of course, as I mentioned, that is just me, and I'm good with that, because this album rocks.

So now begins the listening marathon, trying to glean what I can from this album.

6. defunkt

defunkt Yargh!!!

EWWW Tool :(
    Listen to some real metal like Children Of Bodom :rockon: :deadhorse:

7. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

This Tool album needs to be listened to in its entirety to be completely appreciated. It's definitely not the hardest Tool album as some have said, but it is definitely worth getting. I've heard others say it is a direct continuation of the Lateralus album and this is a good possibility, but I'll have to listen to both back-to-back to be sure.:)

8. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

Personally i rather like perfect circle and came across them before ever really listening to tool, i got hold of Aenima soon after.
    myf riends have been anxiously anticipating this album for a great deal of time so i had to give it a listen. I have it now, Frankly, i can't see how you think this sounds like perfect circle. It is very different and much more like the Tool albums i've heard.

Anyway, teh tracks i prefer are "Wings" part one and two and "Right in Two".

Talking about disapointment i got the latest Pearl jam album recently. :(

9. TraCK

TraCK Amateur Sketch

I love Vicarious, I had to look up the lyrics online to understand all of it. Some of you guys might want to try that.

Most of the other songs just kind of linger there making you wait like 3 minutes for a good portion of the song. I liked the track 10,000 days, and track 9, but the rest its just kind of meh... And the lyrics in track 5 are sofaking annoying I just have to skip the track whenever it comes up.

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  10. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

That's what I like about Tool, they never rush a good idea.