[TOOL]10,000 Days

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Whiskey&Jack

Forum Ghost
Jul 11, 2005
Some people are not gonna like it, thats a fact of life. But SugarBear how is that you know you're the ''biggest tool fan on the board'' do you mean in a ''physical manner''?

Last edited:
Like your mom tried to abort you and failed spectacularly?
owned.gif

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
they way i remember it you tried to abort yourself and failed. which is why your nicknames so retarded.

Last edited:
SugarBear said:
Sucks.

I like Vicarious, and let it be said that I'm probably the biggest Tool fan on the board, but this was just a huge let down.

There's one song on there that doesn't even sound like MJK singing and the lyrics suck anyway. I feel really let down, I waited five years for an album that just doesn't cut it. One of the things that makes Tool so great is the lyrics and MJK's voice, both of which this album is lacking, sorely.

I suggest that for anyone who feels like me, and isn't just pretending to like the album so you can fit in, check out the 10years album, I would say it's a much better Tool album than 10,000 days.

just my two cents.

Someone said something similar to me prior to my purchase of Lateralus, concerning that CD. I bought it anyway and now it's my favorite Tool album.

I'll wait for 10,000 Days to hit the stores.

Last edited:

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
If length determines awesomeness then opeth is really kickass because allot of theire songs are over 5min and even over 10.

Perhaps i should get me some tool then. Never really listend to them.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
It's out here. Bought it, played it.

Mister_Prophet said:
Someone said something similar to me prior to my purchase of Lateralus, concerning that CD. I bought it anyway and now it's my favorite Tool album.

I'll wait for 10,000 Days to hit the stores.
After five years of waiting for these guys to turn out something new it's easy just to throw in the old cliche the wait was worth it, but the wait was worth it.

Anyone who's seriously into Tool won't be disappointed in my opinion. The first couple of tracks are straight out of the Lateralus mould but then things get more experimental, at least in places. I read an interview with Justin Chancellor recently where he said that this album was the heaviest thing they'd done so far. Parts of it are, and then there is a lot of subtlety and atmospheric stuff too. But then you get tracks like "The Pot" which are as close as this band will get to mainstream hardrock (so far).

Basically the album has it all. Rhythm, melody, atmosphere and that intensity that is very much a Tool trademark.

Lastly the artwork and packaging are, like Lateralus, once again unique and creatively brilliant. The cover folds out into a stereoscopic 3D viewer (complete with lenses) so you can view the Alex Grey psychedelic artwork in a whole new dimension (and it works well). There are even band member photos (also in 3D) which is a first for these guys.

Definitely well worth the wait.

Last edited:

Bean 3:16

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
Bought it this morning off Amazon...yay Prime membership.

Oh yeah, I saw them Sunday night...they rocked my pants off. Literally...I had to walk back to my tent pantless. Luckily, it was hot, so it was all good.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
If it's half as good as anaemic's sig, then it will rock!;)

Oh my lord, I just realized they were laying on kegs.:)

Last edited:

gamergirl1337

Mar 23, 2006
BFOhio
i have to post my 2cents i've listened to TOOL since i was little and i LOVE their music but when Maynard decided to "invent" "a perfect circle" i was devastated they sounded like whiny college music. ("annoying as HELL music" as otherwise known) and when i heard they were making a new cd i was ecstatic!!! but since i'm a cheap ass i 5downloaded a few of their songs. The first song i downloaded which i cannot remember the name of, seeing that it SUCKED. so anyways at first it sounded like pantera which seemed ok. but then it turned into something monstrous its...its...ITS A PERFECT CIRCLE ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!i can't believe they changed themselves this much. My boyfriend who has listened to TOOL since he was born and has been to every concert in chicago that they had. (i dont know if he has its figuratively speaking but hes been to at least 30 concerts of them, i've got the ticket stubs.)anyways he went ballistic when he heard a perfect circle and now that "TOOL" has apparently came back to release this CD "10,000 days" he has completely given up TOOL and i think i'm about too. they dont even speak of the same things they used to. very disapointing. VERY. :mad: :mad: :mad: