Too much skins/models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LeGeNDaRy

Bleed Black
Apr 28, 2005
day-graveyard.com
Man, I have WAY too much skins and models on UT right now, taking so much place making everything so slow.
Anyone knows how to get rid of them ALL at once?
I don't want to go into my folders and delete all the files one at the time :/
Thanks in advance

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Unless they are put into the manifest.ini(with filenames and placements) the only way is to get into the folders and delete them.
If they are in the manifest.ini you can use setup.exe file to uninstall them.

Hey that's not the worst, I have 2.8GB Demo's in my Demo folder lolol :p

Slaughter

exsomnis
Feb 16, 2004
Germany
slaughter.jimdo.com
Skins that come in a ut4mod can be uninstalled seperatly...Most are probably installed manually so you´ll have to delete them yourself.

Save what you wanna keep, unistall Unreal Tournament, delete the folder with all files and reinstall.
Fastest way imo.:)

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
I just counted how many characters I have (using the bot roster) other than the characters that come with the game, and I got about 573 of them!!

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

That's A LOT of models and skins! :p

Last edited:

AizenSA

The Divine Tyrant
Dec 8, 2005
Geonosis
www.myspace.com
Random Elite said:
1.6gb of custom skins and models if my mod back-up location is accurrate.

before I formatted I had about the same. I just backed up the ones that looked really good and accuratly displayed in the game. whew glad I cleaned it all up.:D :rolleyes:

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Group all the models and skins into 1 folder (sub folder's won't add to the size) then hold the mouse over the icon 'till some info appears. Alternativly right click and go to properties. Although it could be a lot smaller if I WinRARed it.

Last edited:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Probably best to keep the best of the best and just try out new ones now and again. Personally I only ever keep an odd one here and there, though I download and look at most of them ;)

Good habits are good to get into. I used to have a 2k4 folder that was 60+GB. These days it's a mere 20GB and at that there are lots of mods installed I never even play.

I also rate every map I download on Mapraider and print out the results now and again. Anything less than an 8 gets binned :)

Random Elite

Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Seeing as your 'El Critico' Death Dream, could you tell us what custom skins and models you've got? Then we now what is obligitory to get ;)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Death Dream said:
I have about 15 custom skins. I only download the best of the best of the best.

~Death Dream~

Well, depends on what Best of the Best is for you. That quake 3 looking model was the best project i have ever seen, though it really don't fit UT2004 in my oppinion. Neither my liking. :eek:

Random Elite

Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Hang on, my collection is bigger than what I previously thought. The Skins and Models folder dosen't include the Halo UT characters, the Chaos UT2 characters etc, so in fact it could well be 2 Gigabytes.