1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tonight's burnout?

Discussion in 'General' started by Malibu Barbie, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Malibu Barbie

Malibu Barbie Action Figure

Hey. What happened? I was there for a while, playing bumper cars with the bots, then gave up.

Malibu "who would rather not discuss religious believes on a gaming discussion board" Barbie

2. JACK SH!T

JACK SH!T Evil Genius in a Nutshell

10:00 pm EST here...burning one of my CD's with "GRIP", then headin' to da tracks.....
    Just about now pepole start showing up....

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  3. JamesBong

JamesBong 'JeeP' addict

was at friends, smoking the day away........ always forget about the wednesday one :(

4. bobnine

bobnine JamesG

I unistalled UT2004 to change to my new cd-key, but between uninstalling it and reinstalling it, I got need for speed most wanted, and ran out of hard drive space(iso's take up quite abit of space;) ), and havn't got around to cleaning up my hard drive to free enof space to re-install UT2004.

5. $n][pErMan

$n][pErMan UnWheel Server Guru!

How is NFS: MW ??? I was thinking about getting that, but if it was just more of the same as the last two, probably not.

6. bobnine

bobnine JamesG

Its good. Biggist new things are there are cops, and exotic cars:) . They got rid of drift, street x and outrun. There is a pursuit mode, which works in a similar way that outrun did from nfsu2, except its lots of cops chasing you not just one racer, and cops chase you occationaly in race's, like in hot pursuit.
    The graphics are very stylish, but can get annoying because everything is so bright (the bloom effects are very over the top), the cars look very good, I heard they laser scaned them instead of modeling them normally. The city is also very detailed and full of eye candy. The motion blur looks good. And It runs reasonably smoothly, even on my pc.
    I found drags qite frustrating because most of the drag tracks are quite windy, and your car tends to slip out of the lane it's in around corners, and often hit traffic. Nos rechages, like in UnWheel, but only while your driving fast, and there is a slow motion thing, which also recharges, I didn't use that much, except in drags. This game also give a very good sense of speed, you acctuly feel like your going fast.
    I haven't played it online in the full version, but I played the demo online and it was quite good, not vey laggy, but it was hard to find friends online in the demo.
    Its definitily way better than nfsu2 and nfsu1.
    If you think you might like it but are unsure I would suggest you try the demo, It gives an accurate taste of the full version.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  7. $n][pErMan

$n][pErMan UnWheel Server Guru!

Cool .. thanks for the info man.. I'll check it out :)