1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

To those who whined/complained about the LG going away...

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Bullet10k, May 19, 2005.

1. Bullet10k

Bullet10k New Member

Well its not coming back BUT.....

Look at the G4TV's UT2007 Mike Capps interview here -->> http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/746/746631/vids_1.html

Look at the shock rifle........closely....... It looks a LOT MORE similar to the LG. Look at the way they changed the shape and the firing effect (a bit of lightning for primary and also the shock combo with lots of lightNing). The shape of the gun looks more like the LG now. I actually like the looks of the improved shock rifle! :D :eek:

Are we all happy now? :D

2. Majik

Majik blargh

I think you may have missed the point of why people have been complaing about the lightning gun's removal. To my understanding those people prefered the lightning gun over the traditional sniper rifle mostly because of its traceability and on top of that done in a very unique way. Adding a bit of lightning to the shock rifle won't rectify that.

On a sidenote, I'm a bit dissappointed with the shock rifle's new model, but i can live with it.

3. Nunchuk_Skillz

Nunchuk_Skillz New Member

I wouldn't count on any of those models being set in stone yet. The game is at least a year away at this point, so that leaves them with basically.... everything still to do.

4. Kronon

Kronon Oldtimer

I think these models are just the models from UC2, and they will probably change. And personally I always liked the classic sniper more than the LG (I hated the slow sniper in UT2004 though).

/Kronon

5. Nosnos

Nosnos Nali

A sniper rifle is fine, as long as you have to actually hid the head and not from the navel and up to get a headshots ^^ But I prefer the LG since you can see where the person is shooting from, makes it harder to camp...

6. empty_other

empty_other New Member

I just began to train to snipe, and by what i feel (i train vs bots) its much easier to get headshots with the LG than the sniper....

I like the Lightning Gun, but i would dislike to lose the sniper...It was a reason why they brought it back; somewhy, everybody (who spoke up) hated the LG, and said I WANT THE CLASSIC SNIPER RIFLE BACK!

7. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

And they were fools, and epic fubared them with a crappy weapon that was crappy crappy compared to LtG.

8. krjal

krjal Minotaur

The irony of it all.

Now everyone's calling curses down on Epic because the LtG's gone this time.

9. BooGiTyBoY

BooGiTyBoY The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR

CLASSIC being the important word in that sentence.. not the piece of crap gun they gave us in ECE. ;)

10. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

'04 not ECE.

But still the lg was the best improve to the Sniper Rifle since '99. And the '04 classic one sucked so darn much.

11. Lauren

Lauren Powered By ZΛLMΛN

I just need the lightning gun also they remove the puff of the sniper it sucks no gun has it

12. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

:con: Punctuation is cool.

I absolutely hate the new sniper rifle and I can't understand why in the hell they would pick to add another one over a lightning gun in UT2007. Look how technological the new rocket launcher looks and then we're gonna have a boring POS sniper rifle... :rolleyes:

13. FireCrack

FireCrack New Member

Sniper rifle does not nesecarily mean anything convenional.

For all we know it could shoot out a ball of plasma that seeks whatever was hitscanned to perfectly.

14. dude2425

dude2425 New Member

I personaly hated the lightning gun in 2k*. I always loved the sniper rifle. I actually think the puff of smoke was a good idea, it forces people to step to the side or forward to continue sniping. Sure, the smoke could have been toned down a bit so you could actually see everybody's head explode when you hit 'em.
    I've always thought that the lightning gun was a little corny TBH. Maybe if it had a better sound, with much improved effects, and a better look/color, then I may change my mind about it.

15. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

I also foundn that the LG looked a bit corny. The sounds and effects are fine (maybe make it louder) but the actual weapon model was lame imo.
    tbh I would choose it over the UT2k4 Sniper becase it did more damage and just felt more dangerous, the problem with the UT2k4 sniper is it wasn't loud, not much recoil and just didn't feel loke a powerfull gun. It felt really out of place.

16. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Curing the infection...

I never thought i would say this but i prefer the LG over the Sniper.
    The Sniper felt weak in UT2004 and the LG is more "fair" since it gives away your position.

17. iron12

iron12 New Member

I like the lighting gun over the sniper gun

I like the AR over the enforcers

And I like the old style rocketlauncher.

And I wish the ripper would come back.

And I know I'm not going to get any of that.

So I think I will just UT2007:rl:

:D

Last edited: May 21, 2005
  18. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

i find it disturbing epic isn't going to put one new weapon in their game
    i've played all the weapons in unreal before, want some new ones!

19. PigBear

PigBear New Member

I so agree, but i will also miss the LG... my best friend in the world.

20. Xipher

Xipher I didn't break it, you did

I know the canister gun isn't know, more of a consolidation of weapons. I doubt Epic is telling us EVERY thing, so they could easily have some things up their sleves, waiting to show us the really new stuff when it gets closer to completion. The game is still a year away. I wonder, when did we find out about the Sticky nad launcher, or the mine layer that were added in UT2004, how close to release? They aren't going to give us every thing so soon.