To Gryphon

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
hey, I'm going to be sending you a picture, probably on Monday, of two bayonets I found in a nearby woods, buried, when I was about six years old. Sinse you are the resident weapons expert, I want to see if you know when they are from and what weapon they were used on. I think they are from Vietnam, but I'm not sure. Hopefully I can get a good close up shot because both have their serial numbers still. If they look wierd, its because my dad is in the middle of restoring them, which I know is wrong because it decreases value.

Well, when you get them please reply here because I don't check my email oftan because no one likes to email me /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

------------------
What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?!!
Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough
attention when you were a child?!!!
*BANG* -FMJ

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
I should really go out there again and see if there is more. I know the exact spot, it was under a motor.

------------------
*BANG* -FMJ

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
Gryphon's got mail! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

oh and if you can post them up here so that people know what you're talking about, that be cool.

------------------
*BANG* -FMJ

[This message has been edited by Darkliege (edited 03-20-2000).]

G

I'll admit I'm no expert on edged weapons, although if I had to take a wild guess I'd say these were M-24 bayonets for the M-1924 Yugoslavian Mauser rifle. Here's the pic:

bayonets.jpg

I'll do some more digging and see what I get. Nice find!

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
Cool, a lot more interesting than I thought they'd be. Damn straight I'll continue digging, but when it isn't so cold around here.

------------------
*BANG* -FMJ