1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

To All Serving Our Country in the Armed Forces

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by [SOB]bAd ChIcKeN, Mar 8, 2002.

1. NotBillMurray

NotBillMurray It's Suntory Time!

Don't you forget that serving in the military is not the same as signing up to kill people. As anyone in the military knows, the number of people in non-combatant roles can exceed the number of combatants. Heck, the number of people in active duty Air Force that are even trained for combat are a fraction of a percent of the total personnel.

Storm and Tiffy are right on the money. Military service can be a life changing experience, bringing teamwork, trust, capability, attention to detail, responsibility, and excellence to a group of people who had never had a thought of such concepts before.

Some of them walk into the recruiters office with notions of duty, college funds, running from their current life, lack of alternatives, looking for employment, or any number of other reasons. But they all walk away from their service exposed to a life different from what they had before. And I believe that life is a positive one, and the concepts are valuable.

I would recommend that those who criticize the military do so of the governments that they report to an not the the members themselves. The members of the military may not be fighting for their ideals, and they may be aggressors or defenders. But they are fighting for their lives, and by extension the lives of their families, friends, and nation. And for that I salute them, both the former, current, and future.

For if nobody volunteered for this, I have no doubt that whatever beliefs and freedoms that you hold dear would be lost.

Again, I salute those who serve.

2. Dr. Beer

Dr. Beer go away and die

My thanks to all the active duty as well.

My father was Army for 3 years and Air Force for 23. I could not be more proud of him than I currently am.
    I wish I could join the fight. I've been DQ'd twice from military service for childhood asthma. I got a waiver but... long story heh

As I said thanks. There really isn't anything else to try to say without insulting what you guys do. Anything more than thank you is a lame attempt at best.

3. Dank

Dank Mac Guru

Wow...the moderators must be taking the weekend off.... ;)

This belongs in the off-topic forum. :)

4. vedder

vedder See This Needle? See my arm...

BAH!!! Shut j00 mouth :p

5. NotBillMurray

NotBillMurray It's Suntory Time!

Nah, he's totally right. This is pretty much O-T material.

6. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

It's not that we hate, but rather, we want to laugh our asses of at ya, 'cause you look so silly when you screw it up. :D

7. TheWhaleShark

TheWhaleShark This world is spinning around me

I have the utmost respect for you guys in the armed services. What you're doing takes a different sort of self-discipline than most people are capable of producing; there are many days that I wish I had the discipline to join the military.

Then again, I am all anti-authority, and I hate being ordered around; so maybe it's for the best that I'm a civvie, eh? :D

8. robrob

robrob New Member

OMG !!!

OMG !!! "finger banging Mary Jane Rotencrotch"

Thats MY sister !! And if I catch another one of you flatheads "finger banging" sissy as you call it, yer gonna owe me Coor's tall boy....and I aint messin' around.

9. brrdude

brrdude New Member

cant help myself

i know what im gonna say is gonna piss off a lot of people, especially here, and it does belong in off topic, but i cant help myself...so here goes

true that there are many non combatant roles in military, but the purpose of military is to defend and attack as i see it. you can be the guy that fuels up the jet or something, but when you get down to it, you are aiding war or violence somehow. the skills gained from military are great, its kinda dissapointing that it comes from learning to kill or help kill people.

Osamam Been Ballin'? tree hugger? **** you man. i hate all this patriotic **** and well... hate against our 'enemies'. so... because someone doesnt condone the murder of a man makes him a tree hugger? do you want to die?
    is death an enjoyable experience? does anyone else see any hypocrisy in killing a murderer? they always take the easy way out, just bomb the **** out of them, their friends, and their country. how about ending the cycle of violence. killing him will just make people see him as a martyr and piss even more people off.

war is a terrible way of "carrying out politics". its just a last resort when the president cant get his way. carrying out politics is displomacy. they teach kids in school to solve arguments by talking through them. sorta (very) hypocritical of the govt to just go bomb another country of miles away when they wont cooperate.

ok this rant was a lot longer than i intended it to be, but oh well.

FIGHT WAR, NOT WARS

hit post for this instead of reply before... oops

10. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

Nah, your post didn't piss me off. But I do have one question though.

Do you live in some back woods commune? :D