"Time, Mr. Freeman?"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

deathren

Dusty ****er.
Nov 26, 1999
Anchorage, Alaska
Goddamn cliffhangers. :p

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty damn happy about the switch to HL2 Engine...though wouldn't that make the competition with CS a little more..viscious?

I admit, I've been CSing lately...Forgive me lord, I have sinned... :rolleyes:

Um...sorry, just a random kind of ejaculation of my thoughts...don't take that the wrong way, though.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
The Source engine has a great "feel" to it. I think it's much more fitting for INF than the Unreal engine. Even CS feels good on the Source engine--at least, until you shoot at someone's head with the MP5 and all 30 shots somehow miss.

GenoOfTheCrayon

l33t 14 year old with an iron sight RC50
Sep 30, 2001
Middleof Nowhere
Visit site
Counter Strike Source was meant for spraying with an AK or M4 at someone's general direction. The older one at least had people pausing and aiming over distances longer than ten or so meters if you wanted to hit anything with consistency, but in CS:S you can just spray and bam. While people have proven that the aiming and recoil systems are the same in both CS and CS:S, the big difference is the engine change, causing different latencies, and different physics changes in players and models, including hit boxes.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
The hit boxes are the big thing. They caused no end of trouble in HL, and you really rand right into them when you started modding. They were a far bigger problem than most casual users ever recognized, and the flaws in the system really became hugely apparent when the mod scene started to pick up.

I agree with Nate/Univer/Wizard; it really does have a solid feel to it I haven't gotten from anything else.

Still, I've got to say I'm not sure whether I'll ever end up playing the next Infiltration purely because of the Steam issue and my unwillingness to pay for HL2 as a result. We'll see.

kungpaosamuraiii

HOVER TANKS
Mar 31, 2002
Cali
Hey, does anyone want to discuss that cliffhanger deal?

It confounds me...

This G Man can warp time and space and everything. He can put Gordon into his pocket on a whim and appear on televisions that aren't plugged into an outlet.

What is up with that??

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Alex didn't die. That ending was beyond open to interpretation. It was, in fact, not an ending to a game that barely had a full story. Alex assuredly is not dead, if she was ever even much of a real character to begin with.

kungpaosamuraiii

HOVER TANKS
Mar 31, 2002
Cali
Well I think she's another Gordon figure. I bet the G dude talked to her too. Makes sense a little.. she does kick ass with a pistol (but no crowbar.)

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
I don't think I've posted this enough times yet:

gman.jpg

Time, Dr Freeman? Is it really that time again? It seems as if you've only just arrived...

You've done a great deal in such a small time span. You've done so well in fact that i've received some interesting offers for your services...

Ordinarily, I wouldn't contemplate them, but these are extraordinary times... mmmm?

Rather than offer you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choooosing for you, if and when your time comes round again.

I do apologise for what seems to you an arbitary imposition, Dr Freeman.
I trust it will all make sense to you in the course of.....well, i'm really not at liberty to say...

In the meantime, this is where I get off.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
I have to admit i've taken a liking to CS:S It feels really solid, and while although it's more arcade than sim, it offers tactics for both agressive and stealthy play. Granted it's a mass market apeal product and thus the number of people you can't stand to be playing with (why oh god do so many 12yr olds have microphones!?) but for the most part it's just a fun addictive game.

Personally i'd love something like INF on the HL2 engine. Ironsights... with good looking textures and polys that don't warp... mmmmmm

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
I tend to frequent 2 places mainly.
One of them was called "Mind games - warcrygamers community server" 65.17.231.51:27015
which is a bit more civilized than most servers and has some other server specific rules like no using AWP/Autosnipers when you team is winning by 3, and no swearing, so i think it weeds out most of the immature players.

And the other place was
-=[HSu]=- 24/7 office {ff=on} 64.34.41.131:27015
Cause i find office to be one of my favorite (and my best) maps, although just the other day while i was have a particularly good run against the server's clan (HSu), i was accused of "haxoring" because no casual gamer would "that good". My first experince with being "too good" in the online community. =( Anyway the place is usually a pretty good time, though i'm not sure if i'm welcome there anyhow so.