Those small things

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SlipStreams_65

User Titles are Useless.
Dec 29, 2005
Kingdom of boredom
Heres a list of superficial (sp?) flaws that I found with ut2004 which i hope wont be in '07. Ok they are very small and dont make any difference to actual gameplay but in a game as good looking as ut2007 they would stand out.

1: Goliath. Weve been told it actually uses real treads not the fake texpanners which is good. Only if its going up hill the barrel of the gun sticks through the body and looks real ugly. Same with the minigun, you can aim its barrels into the top of the turret.

2: Hellbender. Same as Goliath in that the rear turret ends up impaled in the body and looks bad.

3: Levi. If youre in the rear turrets and main one gets in the road of the small turret camera and makes aiming impossible because theres a huge mass of polygons in front of you. Can be a real problem, especially on rough terrain where the turret is stabilized and ends up half inside the body of the levi.

Add more if you find them. Again these are all very small graphical glitches but with the new engineI wouldnt
want to see them.

truegamer

Jul 25, 2005
Yeah, these are small things. Very... very... very small things that, after years of playing games, I have actually come to expect in certain areas of the game. It's like when a model's hand goes inside the gun, or when the gun collides and runs INTO the person's hip. This stuff happens.

I'm sure if it's something that actually has a negative impact on the game, it's going to be fixed (if it hasn't already).

ALSO... one thing I'd like to add to this discussion other than a mildly ignorant flame shot towards the OP is that they're making all new models for this game, you know... because it's utilizing a new engine... so they'd practically have to do it intentionally to do it again.