this may sound heretical

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CheapAlert

ONSLOTFEST '94 FOREVER
though for q3a/q2 it seems polycount is closing shop on player models and is focusing more on professional game artist portfolios and stuff. :( No q4 model made it to the site either.

now it seems the only place for new player models is skincity and that only covers the UTs!

WHAT WILL I DO

btw this may be a biiiiiiiiig stretch to ask for a site hosted on beyondunreal but will q2/q3/q4 be covered too anytime soon :O

as a result, i have a model list of all the q3a player models that was on the site

http://www.planetgargoyle.com/models/lists/q3m.html

Last edited:

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
For SkinCity the answer is no CheapAlert .No pun intended , but I´d like to keep it focused on the Unreal-Series.

Many reasons : first and biggest No time . The second : Webspace . SkinCity is actually 7 GB filling .

On the other side , it´s a shame that the best places for models doing nothing or died (Skindom for example).

Is there a chance to get something hosted at Planetquake ?

There are many Quake Model/SkinSites , but I don´t know if there are active sites existing.

Last edited:

CheapAlert

ONSLOTFEST '94 FOREVER
PlanetQuake always has technical issues unfortunately, especially with asp and dynamic servers.

also most of the sites that are listed there are really artists' own sites.

Also all 350+ q3a players from the site equal up to 1.04gb

Last edited:

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
Found this german site .
Funnily enough , the Link is planetquake.ingame.de .It´s called InQuake.de
They have actual news and seem to be active .

Found both for Quake 3 on the site : Models and Skins.

The site itself is in german , but the Models and Skins-Sections should be understandable for non-german , too .

CheapAlert

ONSLOTFEST '94 FOREVER
is there at least a skincity-ish fileDB with thumbnails, mirrors (as in an optional list of links for the same file) and "full previews" out there that uses php, for me to get started on one? paFileDB doesn't do it for me without thumbnails or dynamic sorting (though it has full reviews and mirrors), and AlexDownloadEngine is outdated and doesn't have full review or mirrors.

frosty

Frozen in time.
May 18, 2004
USA
www.geocities.com
It was just a matter of time I think CA, polycount was groaning under the weight of professionalism, and old hacks like have no place there. No hard feelings mind you, but I just went there this morning and in General discussion it was totally different, no political rants, no gf problems or personal issues, the whole place has changed. I have only been there I think 4 times inthe last 2 years. shrugs. Things change - & the world moves on. The only reason I still have Q3 is for headhunters mod, and cos I can't afford a new pc. / Frosty applauds SaD for his UT fanaticism! :)