This is what i call an sniper rifle:-)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Destructo6

Jan 11, 2002
Visit site
Here's a real man's sniping weapon:

l39.jpg

a Finnish Lathi 20mm anti tank rifle.

I couldn't find a pic of a Solothurn 20mm, which would be a more manly thing to lug around.

Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
hands? If thats the case the guy in my pic must have them about as small as the come :D

@ Destructor
Does your rifle like to go sking? If it does I can hook it up with some free lift passes ;)

MadWolf

[AFA] Support team
Mar 4, 2002
Piacenza, Italy
Visit site
Many of theese weapons aren't sniper rifles.
Theese weapons cannot be manned by a single man (i doubt that a single man can carry a Solothum or Finnish lathi 20mm), so they are light Anti tank Weapons.
If i'd put an abrams cannon on the ground with an adeguate support, u call it sniper rifle?
Anyway i don't know too much of theese kind of weapons, so i might be totally wrong, if so I apologize :p

Destructo6

Jan 11, 2002
Visit site
IIRC, both the Solothurn and Lathi were used as sniping weapons during WW2. Seeing as the Solothurn weighs in at around 100lbs, you'd definately need 2 men (spotter and sniper) to lug the weapon and ammo.

I saw that Solothurn image, too, but I wanted the one where it's on the bipod up front and the monopod in the rear.

Skiing? Well it is Finnish, so it would probably ski circles around most Americans.

I'm not actually advocating the inclusion of either of these weapons. I just thought it would be funny to up the ante in the pissing contest. A battle rifle is my idea of near perfection.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Umm...

The NTW20 fires a bigger round that the RT20?

Ah well. I was gonna post a picture of it because it looks like a bazooka but Imp wins.

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
I want the weapon on the right of Midwinters last piccy. Nice piece of hardware and the last word in reliability in a weapon.

Ratus

The FNG
Jan 3, 2002
Visit site
The biggest "Sniper weapon" I read about was using the M1A2 Abrams MBT with a .50 BMG insert in the main gun barrel in the countersniper role in the balkiens

Godeater

'Godlike' you say? *yum*
May 27, 2001
Uppsala, Sweden
I know a game for you...

Really?
20mm sniper rifles/autocannons and a minigun?

I know a great game that I think would suit you guys great, it's called DOOM ;) It evens comes complete with nasty monsters for you too shoot at.

*he he* :p

Nightmare

Only human
Sep 23, 2001
Finland
Visit site
BTW, the Lahti AT rifle is no longer in use. And sniping with
it might be a bit unpleasant. The operator had to lie down,
and still went a few feet backwards when firing. Ah, nothing
like modern recoil compensation technology. Now you can
fire .50 cal "sniper" rifles standing, or even walking without
a hitch.