1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

This is going to be a long painful process!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OshadowO, Feb 21, 2001.

1. OshadowO

OshadowO Irregular

Downloading the Giants Demo on a 28.8 K modem connection...103 MB @ 3.2 K/sec hmm about 9 hrs. Isn't life wonderfull?:D

2. Kray

Kray Time chaser

9 hours? Ack! :D

You better use a good download manager program like Download Accelerator Program (DAP), otherwise it will be painful indeed. ;)

3. Boom

Boom Rumpshaking Moderator

oooo that game looks cool! Link me baby!

I got a review of it here from PC Gamer. This is what one of the characters says to you.
    gotta love that British sense of humor.

You know, when this game was in development the sea cuteypies were topless and had these lovely b-cups. But before release they put some sort of sports bra on her. I think that is kinda silly. I mean, Boobies!! You know? Now, its bad enough you gotta rename a file in the bin folder from arpfix to arphix.old to get rid of the sportsbra. But then you have to find some patch online to give the girl her nipples back!!!! I mean I can understand putting a top on the girl so you can sell it to the kids, but taking away her nipples is just too much! :eek:

4. Vortex

Vortex My last status sucked

0shadow0 you are insane! From what I've heard they only gave the sea woman clothes in the American version. Stoopid Americans

5. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Boom, when the subject piques your interest, you sure know how to find some answers! :D I saw the game being played on Extended Play (formerly Gamespot TV) and my jaw dropped to the floor. Just beautiful.

6. OshadowO

OshadowO Irregular

7. Vortex

For ur sake I'm hoping that this DAP thing let's you resume downloads :). Just hate it when that happens!

8. Diving Mullah

Diving Mullah New Member

I played the demo, It is really funny!

But between Rune, Mech4 and UT, waiting for U2, UW2, TribesII, who has anymore time!!!!

Mullah

9. G-Lite

G-Lite ftw

Used DAP some time ago. Didn't really like it. Then I used getright but it crashed alot of times. I'm using Go!zilla now. (luv the sound :))

10. OshadowO

OshadowO Irregular

I had Gozilla before and it was pretty bad with cnet and stuff where they'd take you to a webpage with adds before the DL. Plus Gozilla tracks all the websites you goto and sends info to some company or something like that ...some ad software that you need to use if you have Gozilla:( It was pretty cool though interface was much nicer.

11. Fomhoire

Fomhoire Internet Addict

And when you reach 95% completion, some redneck with a backhoe someplace is going dig up a fibre backbone.

12. Vortex

Gozilla can do more harm in good when d'l'ing from fileplanet I notice. Keeps thinking the webpages are the files itself and then when it "sends back to browser" it always changes the first window I had open (i.e. PuF :)).

Hear that finsishing roar one more time though...

13. ShinyObject

ShinyObject You're making me blush.

I use DAP now and I'm on cable. Is this demo worth it? I'm gonna download regardless, so don't answer that.

14. OshadowO

OshadowO Irregular

I love it! I think I'm going to buy it as soon as this quarter is over:)