1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

This f*cking sucks...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by G-Lite, Apr 7, 2004.

1. G-Lite

G-Lite ftw

My friend's girlfriend's dad just commited suicide. :(
    I really have no idea what to say about this.... it f*cking sucks.

2. BulletEater

BulletEater New Member

Oh, man... sorry to hear about that... :(

3. BoboThePenguin

BoboThePenguin Bird. Bird. Bird. Bird is the word.

Oh God that does suck... /me gives g-lite a hug ;)

4. G-Lite

G-Lite ftw

Well, it's not really me would needs the hug.
    I'm more worried about her and the rest of her family.

5. BoboThePenguin

BoboThePenguin Bird. Bird. Bird. Bird is the word.

/me hugs G-Lite's Friend's Girlfriend and the rest of her family

6. _Zd_Phoenix_

_Zd_Phoenix_ Queen of BuFdom

That happened to one of my best mate's gf the christmas before last. It's such a terrible thing to happen, perhaps even more so for those left behind. It's just lucky that my friend is a saint and his girlfriend is incredibly strong, they're great people and it's wonderful to see them get back to normality.

I hope your friend and his girlfriend can do the same in time.

7. Neddaf

Neddaf Just a flesh wound!

G, you should go be there with your girlfriend...

My best friends dad passed away back in november of 2003, and I can tell you that being there for him, definetely helped grieving, but it never overcomes anything compared to the funeral. The funeral is killer bro im not gonna lie, I started crying cause its like I lost a father...

Just take care of her and her family...

8. SanitysEdge

SanitysEdge Aspiring Astrophysicist

One of my sisters boyfriends commited sucicde a while ago, So I know how you feel, and Ive meet him before. When you hear of it, its just... Woah, its strange.

9. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

Sorry to hear about that. I hope everybody who was involved can recover from this in time...

Why do people have to commit suicide anyway?
    . . . . . . . . :(

10. stoned_jedi

stoned_jedi Ethically Challenged

people commit suicide because they are selfish and dont care about anybody else.

11. das_ben

das_ben Concerned.

Don't generalize. You have to realize that there's a lot of people who genuinely suffer from depression or have other problems. Some see no other way out.

G-Lite, I hope your friend, his girlfriend and her family are doing okay. Good luck with your exams too.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004
  12. Luminuis

Luminuis Herald of the Newest Dawn

Rofl. Basic Health in Highschool should teach you better than that. People typically commit suicide because they feel they have tried every other way out. If someone gave them a way out that was viable to them, they'd take it before suicide 95%+ of the time.

13. MikeMaster

MikeMaster New Member

Hmmm, I can't help but agree in some sense, but still I hope all familys involved recover asap cus it's a sad thing.

14. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

G-Lite I don't really know what to say about this other than I hope it doesn't put too much of a crimp on your friends exams and that your g/f and her family are OK.

You're right in what you said on your blog.

People commit suicide because they don't want to live their life anymore.

You can't expect someone to decide to live solely for your benefit. That would seem to be selfish as well.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004
  15. G-Lite

G-Lite ftw

Well... for the exam part.. luckily it was multiple choice so even my friend is confident he didn't do too bad without learning at all.

She's not actually his girlfriend anymore, they broke up a while ago but are still good friends. She was crying today and getting hugs all over. :/

16. Iron Archer

Iron Archer Holy ****ing King of Trolls

that does suck. My condolences.

My first girlfriend's dad died of a huge coronary heart attack the day after me and her broke up (we had dated for exactly 1 year). One of the few last things he had told her was that she was a b*tch for dumping me, which was pretty harsh, combined w/ the fact that he ended up dying. Needless to say, I spent a week at her house "consoling" her, and after that, it was pretty much over. I was 16 at the time.

17. .altan

.altan Tomorrow

Why the negative attitude towards suicide? Staying with your point of view for a second, aren't all the relatives/friends selfish for wanting him to stay alive too?

It's as good a solution as any. Eternal, non-dreaming sleep is a lucrative prospect. Living doesn't really make a difference.

18. BesigedB

BesigedB Shocking Behaviour

WTF?

That's a real shame :(

19. W0RF

W0RF BuF Greeter, News Bagger

Pay attention, HH. You've just seen why people view suicide as an acceptable solution.

20. stoned_jedi

stoned_jedi Ethically Challenged

bollocks i have more experience with suicide than a person should, anyone who takes their own life should think of those who they have left behind, Like there Friends or their children. Did you know For example if a person commits suicide ALL there bills are passed on to the next of kin as suicide is not coverd by insurance.