1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

THIS BETTER BE GOOD! (new release dates!)

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by TWD, Mar 9, 2002.

1. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

Check it out we're getting several reports from at least 3 sites now that there will be a change in he release schedule of unreal2 and unrealtournament 2. Apparently it didn't take them very long for unrealtournament 2 and will be comming out THIS JUNE! Meanwhile Unreal2 has been pushed back till christmas this year.

This changes a lot in how unreal2 and UnrealTournament2 will sell and stuff and it's very surprizing. However, the guys over there don't seem to be worried about ANYTHING. In fact they have specificly said there will be lots of FPS this year that will fun and cool to play but UnrealTournament2 and Unreal2 will be undisputed as the best FPS for a long time to come.

Sources:
    http://voodooextreme.com/
    http://expandedmultiplayer.com
    http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=5302

2. 8-4-7-2

8-4-7-2 New Member

Bah! That's the death of UT :(

I would have loved to play UT another 6 months, and then gradually switch to UT2.
    Alongside I would have played U2 for singleplayer

Now they switch the dates around :mad:
    Let alone that UT2 is only a better UC

3. Scuzzbuster

Scuzzbuster It's Crunchy. It's Nice.

Well how do we know the UC isnt a better UT? I think the community is ready as hell for UT2 and this is great news. UT has been on the downturn for a while. Player numbers have been diminishing steadily and its getting harder and harder to find pub games of CTF that arent LowG Instgib Fatboy Relics or whatever crazy assed mods that are being played out there.

Looks like UT2 will be just in the nick of time.

4. Tetris L

Tetris L Smartass

Although I was very much anticipating U2 XMP, I think I can live with waiting for it 6 more months and play UT2 meanwhile.

Everything I've heard and seen about UT2 by now sounds/looks kick-ass and I really like how DE adress various issues in FPS gaming and how they include features I've always wanted to see. I'm sure it'll easily manage to keep me entertained until U2 comes out, and beyond. :):tup: