1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thinking aloud - taped mags

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Burger, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Burger

Burger Lookin' down the iron-sights...

One of my pet niggles about BF2 (after playing INF, there's alot:lol:) is that the AK with taped magazines is not used right. The player just switches them around and around. I was thinking how this could be done *right* in INF...

the only way i could see taped mags working right is if the loadout menu has options for 1 mag and 2 mags taped together. 1 mag reloading would be normal, 2 mag reloading would be 2 ways.

1st way: normal reload, player reloads mag by removing dual mag, and replaces with another.

2nd way: some sort of activate attachment thing where when activated, it would switch between the attached magazine. I dunno how that can be implemented, though.

before i get flamed (which probably will happen) i want to include why i have asked. For one, because we can actually say we did it right. and for 2, if it's done in real life, why can't we emulate it here?

2. sir_edmond

sir_edmond In my own world

I thought that we esablished that two mags would cause other problems with the gun, though im not sure about the AKM. While your first argument is a pointless bragging right, because majority of the people will still say BF2 did it right due to their arrogance.

3. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

Actually, I'm fairly certain that was on purpose, as it's too hilarious not to be.

The first time I saw it, I immediately reloaded again just to see if the avatar would do just that. I was not dissapointed.

4. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR] Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)

That´s the MEC MAGIC AUTORELOADING BACKFLIPPING MAG for Ak103!

brought you by DICE tm ;-)