They actually have me excited about it :)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Thats so true.... I was excited last nite for a wee bit. We had some folks on the server for 1 map. Then it seemed to break down after that.. I ended up spending the early AM in the emergency room. Linda had some problems breathing due to the (Strep Throat) I gave her. She's fine just mostly a panic attack, cause her throat hurt and nose was stuffed up. Damn bug....

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Glad to hear she's alright.
If I get within a mile of Strep, I usually have to go to the doctor to for it.
I guess that's one of the benefits of being stuck at home; your biggest fear of illness comes from friends, family and the weekly trip to Wal-Mart. :rolleyes:

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
Ohio...that suck ass STATE.
I'm glad she is OK and doing better. You are right..damn bug.

No one should have left on my account. You guys know I have to put the kids to bed. it take all of 10 minutes. I was ready to blast some more and there was only a few people left. I was WOW...what did I do?

VladTepz

Nov 29, 2002
RI
Visit site
Apparently, someone got hold of the beta patch and posted some screens of what it entails...Appears to be more browser and front end driven more than actual game play driven, which figures, I spose...

http://ut3pugs.com/forums/index.php/topic,6.0.html

That's not the beta, it's the Alpha.

It was on Epic's FTP and they tend to use the same naming scheme so someone guess it and got lucky that it had public access.

Fortunately it's broken and can't be installed on servers, only client because it is missing some core files.

BTW, I have it and have been testing, nothing really to write home about, but then again, it's ALPHA. ;)

-Vlad

VladTepz

Nov 29, 2002
RI
Visit site
Oops...Forgot to mention that this, if you find it, is not for use for those that integrated through Steam...That should be a given, but just letting you know...

-- Flaw
It does work fine with steam integration (I am using UT3 with steam), but as I said, it's incomplete and I would deter anyone from installing it because it does break some things because it's still alpha, unfinished, and not even ready for beta testing yet. We probably won't get a beta till next week.

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
Well if this ends up fixing UT3 I'll have to remake my loading screens :) Atleast I won't have to start all over... I found my template. I just have to download the bink & smacker program again as well as that DOS program that let me make bitmaps into avi files :p

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Yeah, two weeks until we get 3 more ctf maps and no fixes relevant to the style we play.
I don't see anything in this "Titan pack" that looks like it's going to save UT3, but in all fairness; I'll download it and give it a shot... but I'm not expecting it to stay on my HDD long.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Interesting Pack.. I have to agree with Lurk.. I am still not getting that warm fuzzy. We (The 135/35 LGI Community) was hoping for a decent replacement for UT2004. This Pack might stir up some interest in UT3 but probably not from the LGI Community. Still we shall see what the fuss is all about.

VladTepz

Nov 29, 2002
RI
Visit site
Beta was just released...

We have Steam and non-Steam versions of the beta patch for UT3 version 2.0 (just the patch, not the Titan pack with the new maps and gametypes) ready for testing. You can join public 1.3 servers, but 1.3 clients cannot join 2.0 servers.

This is a closed beta, so lease don't distribute it beyond your own servers or make it generally available to the public.
/snip
snip/

This beta contains the changes listed in the previously released patch notes, along with the following additional changes:

- Try multiple STUN servers if first one fails. Fixes users incorrectly getting the "Your network configuration may not be compatible..." warning.

- Various localization fixes in all languages.

- Now writes mod config files to mod directory, and auto-find config files in moddir\config or moddir.

- Now autofinds localization files in moddir\localization.

- Now finds splash image in moddir\splash.

- Fixed gamespy rank query results. Now always properly centers the querying player in the returned list.

- Added a dialog warning users of nvidia driver version that are known to crash UT3, and to upgrade.

---------------------

-Vlad

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
UT3 Launch Failure

OMG, this does not bode well for UT3.. It might have something to do with the Titan Pack dunno.. I saw a special in Steam News for free UT3 this weekend which included the Titan Pack so I tried to launch and check UT3. See PIC for Error Message.. BTW: Tried more then once.. Can't believe it won't launch because Server are to busy.. Give me a break..

Attachments

• Launch UT3.JPG
    Launch UT3.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 8