1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

thetruth.com

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by deeznuts, Feb 13, 2002.

1. deeznuts

deeznuts Pray for the blunted

www.thetruth.com

I just noticed how much damn propaganda that the US is spitting to its citizens. I remember watching that Super Bowl commercial this year about how drugs support Terrorism. :rolleyes: I'm just wondering what you guys think about this organization from both a smoker/non-smoker perspective.

2. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

I have no problem with thetruth commercials. If what they depic scares at least a few people away from smoking, that's all the better for society. I hate walking out of a building (practically any building at my campus) and having a half-dozen people spewing smoke in my face. If some of them might stop, then that's all the better for them and the rest of us.

3. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

IMO smokers should pay for any and all damage done to their health themselves, that means no tax funded insurance for them. I don't want to pay for the lung operation of some moron who polutes his own longs causing him to get cancer, it's his own stupid fault.

4. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

The ground around the entrances to the arts building here, as I've mentioned before, contain at least 40 packs' worth of fresh butts at any one time.

5. Dupre

Dupre Code Pimp

Right on. Ditto for abortions. It might be a women's body, but I sure as hell am not going to pay for somebody else's indiscretions.

6. MetalMickey

MetalMickey Banned

7. Destructo6

Destructo6 8404

Anti-tobacco
    Anti-gun
    Anti-drug
    Anti-junkfood
    Anti-fill in the blank

All nonsense. All anti-freedom.

8. vedder

vedder See This Needle? See my arm...

I dont get those "if you buy drugs you support terrorism" ads. I think they make a better case against our Govt than for it. Think about it.. if drugs were legal then we wouldnt have to go to a third party(terrorists) for a fix. Seems like faulty reasoning by those admakers.

9. Kibbles-N-Bits

Kibbles-N-Bits New Member

Funny, we were going over organized crime in Chicago in the 1920's, and someone asked for a definition of organized crime...

"Criminal activities, such as prostitution, interstate theft, murder and other acts of violence, or illegal drug sales, that occur within a centrally controlled formal structure. "

But under this definition, the US Government IS organized crime... :hmm:

10. Goat Fucker

Goat Fucker No Future!

Actually, we should be happy with illegal comerce, firstly it provides us with stuff we want, secondly, its what keeps the third world alive!

Western corporations and Governments have allmost killed all reasonable incomes the poor in the third world have (for an example, western corporations have mopolized the trade of sowing seed in meny places, not a problem, problem is that they gene manipulate the seed so the plants will be sterile, meaning that the farmer wont be able to make the same seed's last him 5 years like he used to and could afford, he now has to buy new seed's every year...which he cant, the outcome? grow drugs or die!), its a sad circle of the powerfull smuthering the poor with their greed, eventually killing off all their cheap labour, forcing the corporation to exploit new markets or fold...and more people gets a<b></b>rse raped all over again either way.

So, if it wassent for illegal comerce that western coporations cant rape, as they cant get involved with it, the third world would be a much poorer place than it is now :eek:

This applies for any illegal comerce you can think of, it provides millions of (by their standars) well payed jobs, without any monopolies that can suck them all dry, without it, the third world would simply collapse, it has come to a point meny places where you simply cannot live without in one way or the other having something to do with illegal comerce, well you can, just dont expect to be able to walk after you are 32, and expect a life span of only 34 years (malnutrition and famine does that to you).

Drugs are supporting terrorists? yeah amongs others, it is, afterall, the only way to make a decent buck down there, but for every terrorist that makes a living off of the drug comerce, millions of everyday people with no other options do the same :(

11. peachz

peachz BANNED

It's organized crime with a Constitution to back it up...

thetruth.com stuff is great. As Keg said, I hate walking into a veritable cloud of smoke. Plus, it makes me cough. Which in turn makes me unhappy. Therefore, I hate smokers.

12. Dank

Dank Mac Guru

I like the anti-tobacco campaign....cigarettes are dumb and disgusting! :D

As for the super bowl ads.....what a joke....If we're talking about Marijuana for example...most pot in the US is either grown in Mexico, Canada, Jamaica (which are hardly "terrorist supporting countries" or the US itself...actually most pot is homegrown, domestic stuff.

Maybe a small percentage of heroin and hash comes into this country from the middle east.

[​IMG]

*Click on my sig for more info about NORML!

13. Ballistophobia

Ballistophobia Hedonistic Forum Panacea

Yeah, ok so if you don't support terrorists by not buying drugs they'll get their money elsewhere. Wtf is the point of telling people they support terrorist by smoking weed?

14. rgreene

rgreene frag bait

This kind of plays into the "war on terrorism." You really can't stop terrorism, it has always been around and always will be around. If illegal drug production/trafficing were to cease opperation, then yea a bunch of terrorists might have to look elsewhere for money... but they'll eventually find it. I think the ad was actually kind of clever because I'm willing to bet that an extrodinarily high number of Americans are very patriotic and pro-American these days -- well, until Bush alienated all Persians and N. Koreans, and Iraqis here... And even if you aren't patriotic and you don't view this as an act of war (I don't) it should certainly be viewed as a grevious crime against humanity (which it was), and they are playing off that feeling to further aid the "war on drugs."