1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"These demands are not open to negotiation or discussion"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NotBillMurray, Sep 20, 2001.

1. NotBillMurray

NotBillMurray It's Suntory Time!

This sounds very serious. Looks like we have a requirements list that is hefty and unmoveable. We may be at a real turning point.

2. NotBillMurray

Bush was ... Presidential. That was both an effective speech but a definitive stance. I am almost surprised that he could be that effective. This is coming from a pretty liberal democrat that felt that he was elected entirely due to nepotism and name recognition.

Bush :tup:

3. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

he was good, but could have been better

more of like a pep talk.
    I would have liked more info.

4. BlAcK_PlAgUe22

BlAcK_PlAgUe22 I ooze.

Ahh! a democrat! ;) :D

Today we talked about the differences in history class.. Basically, he said the differences between them were so small these days hes going to call them Repocrats and Demicans.. Eh, hes on crack for all i know :D

He told us Tigerwoods is uber-l33t because he has all these different races in him.. his simple answer to create it : Have everyone go out and have sex with ewach other :lol:.

5. RagingHamster

RagingHamster New Member

Democrats and republicans doing PDAS ! Its the end of the world!
    At least hes giving the taliban some options (he he he he)

:tup: :tup: I give the speech two thumbs up

6. the vrrc

the vrrc noexistant user

Erh... this seems bad. I doubt they are going to be giving up, and this will mean fighting. :(

7. RagingHamster

RagingHamster New Member

No, we asked the government of Afghanistan to give over the terrorists, that shouldn't be too hard a task for them. Or we go in and feed their people while killing the self appointed government.

8. Mad_Dog

Mad_Dog Voice Of Reason

i think bush is being highly stupid, and is only being restrained by more sober minded individuals. does anyone else get the feeling that he wants to win a war just like his daddy did? here's my opinion:

a) bombing afghanistan won't accomplish a thing, since the people living there are so poor they have nothing to lose. they just want shelter and something to eat. bombing them (and they will be the ones hurt most by any bombings) will just be an act of terrorism, worse than the one they are avenging.

b) a land war won't work... look at what happened during the "soviet vietnam". it will be another vietnam. and innocent people will still be hurt.

IMHO, the best option is to work with all parties involved for the time being. they still don't know who it is yet definitely, for gods sake. if and when they find out who it definitely was, and the country(s) he's in won't copperate, then it's time for some special forces action, kidnap the perp's ass, put him on trial and jail him for the rest of his miserable life.

9. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

this sums up what Mad_Dog is talking about

[​IMG]

10. NotBillMurray

I think one of they key learnings of this address was that they aren't just declaring a war against the perpetrators of the WTC incident, they were declaring war against all terrorists. It doesn't really matter anymore.

11. LifesBane(4Corners)

LifesBane(4Corners) Active Member

Point to a random spot on this post-- you will hit the man behind this.

12. Mad_Dog

Mad_Dog Voice Of Reason

that's probably the only good thing to come out of the whole incident... a dedicated world fight against terrorism. i just hope bush's left hand beats out his right...

EDIT: lifesbane, are you really that sure? bin ladden himself has denied it, not that that means a whole lot, but there is still no definite evidence, as far as i know. if you have seen any info otherwise, post the links, i want more info myself.:)

13. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

I think there is something that the GOV knows that we don't. and thats why they are so "hand the bastard over"

also it may just becasue its a war on terroism, and he is a known terrorist.

14. the vrrc

the vrrc noexistant user

I think they know something too. Damn, have to go to sleep too. :( I hate missing so much on this board when I'm gone. Need... board... to... survive.... uh.....

15. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

I need sleep too.

ugh.. I got court in the morning.

damn speed demon brother...
    g'night

16. Mad_Dog

Mad_Dog Voice Of Reason

good point... and he is a place to start the war on terrorism. "bring me the head of osama bin ladden". anyone else seen that old sam peckinpah movie? (Bring me the head of alfredo garcia?) it has the best title in the world...

17. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

I really don't want to go to war with Afghanistan, hell I don't want to go to war with anyone!

but we don't have a choice sometimes. :(

I hope we make the right choice on this.

its to early to call right now.

18. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

What makes you think that they won't pretend to know who did it ?

I think they're using it as an excuse to hit anyone they don't like.
    After all : who is going to believe a 'terrorist' or his 'supporters' ?

For all we know it was an attack organised by your own government so they'd have an excuse to attack the guy they've been hunting for ages ...

And even *if* they manage to kill Bin Laden, the situation in Afghanistan is so bad it doesn't take a genious to know that another one will take his place within minutes.

God help us if he really is innocent (like he claims) or if they make a single mistake during the war, then his people have yet another reason to hate the US ...

You do remember that the americans hit a chinese embassy 'by mistake' ?
    I wonder how many mistakes they made during Desert Storm, because they only showed the successes ...

As for declaring a war against terrorisme :
    you really can't claim to support it now, can you ?
    It's bloody obvious you have to say you want to fight them, because you would call them partisans, resistance or freedom fighters if you thought they were good guys ... (D'oh! as Homer would say ...)

19. RogueLeader

RogueLeader Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"

Well put. I'd bet a revolution that bombing Afghanistan won't kill a single terrorist, and will kill more civilians than died in NYC.

20. Goat Fucker

Goat Fucker No Future!

This is f<b></b>ucked to all hell.

Theres one thing we should all remember when thoughts come to a ground war in Afghanistan, many have tried, but no-one has EVER conqered Afghanistan, hell, even the mighty russians failed, and they are a allot better equiped for this style of warfare than the US or any Europeean army, and probably ever will be.
    Afghabistan has remained unconquered for as long as it has existed, from antiquaty up untill now, governments have changed, but no-one has ever beaten them in brute combat.

And theres one thing i cant stop thinking about, "an international war on all terrorists", does this mean that i would be facing NATO and the US if civil war erupted here in DK, and i just happened to be fighting for the side they dont like?
    We must all remember one thing here, one mans terrorist is another's freedom fighter, the ETA fights for a free Basker land, the IRA for an Ireland without the brit's, and Osama Bin Laden is fighting for an Afghan without the US, most of us may see Bin Laden as a monster or sorts, that is what we are taught afterall, but quite a few will see him as the man that is fighting the US's oppresion of their people, from economic sanctions, inserting oppressive governments for their own gain, and now the bastards are even droping bombs on us, Osama! i will fight for my freedom!

See the conection?

The world is 3D, mates, and no matter where you stand, and see things so clearly, as they truely are, and where ment to be, there will allways be someone standing on the opposite side seeing things differently, ohh so clearly, as they truely are, and where ment to be.

One one side we have Bush telling us that the whole world (read as western world) must unite against the terrorists, and that we must fight them without regards for the safety of the innocent people sharing area with them, and on the other side, we have the "Wise men" saying that they do not want war, but if America attacks, it is every muslim's duty to declair Jihad against America, we are in a highly explosive situation right now, and im not too sure who's the good and bad guys here.
    Quite a pridicament.

Right now i have only one thing to say, people, f<b></b>uck what youre country and what youre relegious leaders are saying, they will say what ever helps their cause, do what you feel is right! and fight for it!

My name is Glen, and i am an Autonom, that is why the military rejected me, and i cannot travel freely in europe. I live in a society where money has the ultimate power, but i must ponder, what kind of society is it that the money has created? and how far will i let this go? my name will be lost soon, but it doesent matter, i did what i thought was right.