1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The way weapon fire works..

Discussion in 'Programming' started by smattbac, Jul 20, 2004.

1. smattbac

smattbac Flak Monkey

Firing Projectile Weapons

The chain of event that's handled natively by the engine, is that done to prevent cheating or for performance or something?

And would it be "wrong" to code a weapon that's fired from the Weapon.Fire() function?

2. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

No idea, personally I think they did this really early on in the engine's production back when Epic was developing Epic. Maybe it was just easier to connect this via native code, or speed or security. It can really be any of these reasons I guess, but I think laziness got the better of them really. I mean, UE2.x still has a lot of redundant code just left around. I guess they will clean all of that up in UE3.x since it's a totally new engine ... kind of.

Mmm, I don't think so it would be wrong as such, but you may not be able to get some of the special functionality that the code handles natively such as hold fires and so on...

3. smattbac

smattbac Flak Monkey

Ok, was just wondering. Thanks. :)