The Vote

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TomWithTheWeather

Die Paper Robots!
May 8, 2001
Dallas TX
tomwiththeweather.blogspot.com
Well damn, my pic went away. AH well, Twisted Metal posted it below. :p
november42008_75sa3i1i401h94bc4i3t.jpg

Last edited:

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
They jumped the gun rather quick. CA polls just closed only a short while ago.

Yes CA will probably go to Obama, but thats quite a quick assumption without having counted the votes first.

I'm curious how they would know so quick.

Edit: According to this McCain currently holds the popular vote in CA, and in Washington. Also, so far McCain is leading in the popular vote in all the grey states.

http://news.yahoo.com/election/2008/dashboard

I'm really thinking there is a lot of assuming going on and hardly any hard truth so far. For example, McCain had over 140 electoral votes and now he is down to 120? How does that work? They jumped on CA as going for Obama, but currently McCain is winning?

Edit again:

Obama pulled ahead in CA and WA. Nevermind.

Last edited:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
McCain has class! Calming down the supporters when they were booing over Obama winning. What a great guy, seriously. Its to bad his supporters and republicans over all are racist and bigots.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
They jumped the gun rather quick. CA polls just closed only a short while ago.

Yes CA will probably go to Obama, but thats quite a quick assumption without having counted the votes first.

I'm curious how they would know so quick.

Edit: According to this McCain currently holds the popular vote in CA, and in Washington. Also, so far McCain is leading in the popular vote in all the grey states.

http://news.yahoo.com/election/2008/dashboard

California I thought had electric voting? So its pretty much instant. I know WA is too.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
FWACK.

(although most of the larger counties haven't reported yet)

Last edited:

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Well, it looks like Obama is the next president. I was a supporter of McCain, but I'll stand by the next president just the same.

What concerns me now is the elections for the senate and congress. If we have a democratically lead congress over 2/3, and a democratic president, well that'll skew things to one side and might cause trouble. I hope they act on whats best for the country and not personal ambition.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Washingtons big vote, I-1000 won. Its basically Oregons version of assisted suicide. It won in a land slide too. Don't worry though guys, I won't take advantage of it! ;)

GG-Xtreme

You are a pirate!
Mar 12, 2008
Now how would you all react if Obama came out on stage in a turban with Rev. Wright and Bill Ayers?

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Now how would you all react if Obama came out on stage in a turban with Rev. Wright and Bill Ayers?

You guys already said him not knowing anything about his friends and family was fine. Why would you people care now? :lol:

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Well, it looks like Obama is the next president. I was a supporter of McCain, but I'll stand by the next president just the same.

What concerns me now is the elections for the senate and congress. If we have a democratically lead congress over 2/3, and a democratic president, well that'll skew things to one side and might cause trouble. I hope they act on whats best for the country and not personal ambition.

It's a lose/lose situation. If the Dems have full control, they'll be blamed for all evil in world for at least the next two years.,If they don't get a controlling majority, they'll be blamed for the ensuing gridlock.