1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The "vehicle Switcher" and "the power of F-key" dual-core thread

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Evill_Bob, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Evill_Bob

Evill_Bob Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer

Because this thread has a real limited lifespan so I thought I'd put two in one and be done with it. Anyways, is there like a vehicle swapper yet or has someone yet to make it? Or does it exsist and I have to unlock it?

Also, what retarded things have you done with the "f" key? You know, the button that makes you fall down (Fiegn death, or however it's spelled). Me? I found a long flight of stairs and came at it running. You can imagine the rest.

2. Kno One

Kno One in particular

Well bob so far you've got two to pick from. One from MonsOlympus and the other from CaptainSnarf. While your at it you might as well check out Snarf's vehikalz.

Haven't pulled any tard moves with f...

yet :D.

3. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

My F key pulls out the sniper. I unbound feigning death because it's a complete waste. D:

4. Lethargy

Lethargy Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

BUT YOU CAN CONFUSE YOUR OPPONENTS! Don't you understand? It is obviously important and NOT a complete waste because it made it into the game when lots of other things that would seemingly have been important did not! Don't even try to question my flawless logic, you'll just confuse yourself the way feign death can confuses your opponent.

5. MonsOlympus

MonsOlympus Active Member

Actually Ive hit f playing against a bot and did a clumsy matrix under a rocket :lol:

6. Evill_Bob

I am pleased...

7. haslo

haslo Moar Pie!

My F key is the AVRiL, Feign Death is on G :)

8. Jordan L

Jordan L New Member

I always Set F to Flak, seems logical

9. virgo47

virgo47 Waiting for next UT

F is for... Fright. S for Sleft. I can't put my fingers on a keyboard any other way since I've learned touch typing.

There's only a little step from feigning death to being death. Especially in bot matches (maybe fixed in some patch :-)).

10. carmatic

carmatic New Member

yeah, i keep wondering when will they actually fix that :eek:

11. Evill_Bob

Wasn't that fixed last patch? I've been campin' the flag in VCTF, bots come up in a manta and ignore my limp body. I get when they pass and shoot them in the back of the head with a flack cannon, kind of got tired of them gang banging me in mantas so why not wait until their out of their manta? Heck even if they managed to get away they left me a nifty vehicle to chase them down in.

12. DocB

DocB Where does it hurt?

A project: Get as many friends as you can muster (preferably > 1) on any standard map. Pick an appropriate spot. ALL feign death. Take a screenie and supply a caption and or dialogue. "WTF are you guys doing?" "We're ideating!" comes to mind.

13. Evill_Bob

Dog-pile

14. Lethargy

Lethargy Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

You can actually use it to dive over the pipe that you would otherwise have to crawl under to the amp on DM-Diesel, it's the only way to get in over the pipe and is slightly faster than crouching. That's the only use for it I've seen, of course other than throwing yourself at people for the lulz.

15. Nereid

Nereid ・ ω ・

Ahh a fellow ESDFer :)

I have my feign key far away on H.

16. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

That's not far away, that's only two keys :p
    (Far away would be something like ', or maybe even Num+... :p)

17. Evill_Bob

On my keyboard it is, there's this gap on my keyboard that shows the scroll lock, caps lock, and number lock keys. It's split down the TGB and YHN line.

Anyways, I've noticed that if you dive forward holding a spidermine deployable you kill yourself from time to time. At least on Sandstorm.

18. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

Ah ok, one of those ergonomic keyboards. I have one of those on another PC.