The Ultimate UT Collection Package

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Sticky.

Thanks for the great effort, roninmasta. Many will benefit from this thread.

I thank you for stickying this post NeoNite. :D

Anyway, ths community pack was not made for my own usage, but for others who still play this wonderful game. This package will help keep UT alive for alot longer (I hope!) :D

Thank you BuF! I'm soo glad I could help out in any way to help birng UT up to status with the current agre, ebign Unreal 1 will be 10 years old on May 22, and UT is getting up there too, so, UT really needs this kind of stuff to help ti stay alive for as logn as possible.

And if what I said above makes no sense, then I'll sum it up: Because UT is an aging game, IT deserves a Starter Pack, to help boost the community with maps, mods, and the whole caboodle! :D

Thank you BuF! You will not be dissapointed with Part 1B. :D

Anyway, to view the list of items that's included in this package, click the "View list" link at the end of this post. :D

And as a last note...expect the first link (DSL/Broadband) for Part 1B to be active within 24 hours. :D

Enjoy! :D

«:MX:»RoninMastaFX

**VIEW LIST**

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Yeah indeed, everyone involved. But it was a good idea bundling all these tools together ;-)

Yupp. :) And actually, this project started like on ut99.org, as a compilation for ancient stuff that si very hard to find...but it had evolved into this starter pack...so it was not intentially start out like this. ;)

And since BuF was the most itnerested in this, so I made this compilation packake the new home. :D

@Everyone

Update! :) The exact size os this package size is 902.95 MB. It's in a .rar format, so you'll need anythign to open up .rar files. Best use is WinRAR, but not WinZip, unless there is an addon that adds .rar compatibility? The lastversion I used was 9.0 of WinZip, so I'm not sure what version they are at, or if they have .rar support. XD

Anyway, it'll take about 7 hours to upload to filefront, and when i get up in the mornign to go to my Co-op placement (Canadian thing for high/secondary schools, meaning free work experience for a certain time, for certain days, onyl in certain high/secondary schools in the province of Ontario though XD). So, back on topic, because of this, I may nto be able to update the link before I go to work...it varies how tired I am, because I'm the kind of person that I ned alot of sleep, and I have a hard time waking up, I've always been like that. XD I am a morning person, but it takes me a while to wake up. XD

Alright, more info on Part 1B will be added as teh upload progresses. :)

If it's done before I go to bed, I'll add the link, and write an update, saying the download is ready. :D

And one last final thing...expect the uncomrpessed size to be 1.06-1.08 GB approx.

Enjoy! :)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Hmm, you should use 7zip, it has the greatest compression rate and is openable with WinRAR.

Actually...KGB Archiver has the worlds greatest compression rate...2 weeks to a month for a 1GB file to be maybe 10-20 MB. ;) If ya don't beleive me, search googly, yahoo, or w/e search engine you use, go to the kgb website, download the newest version (beta or non-beta, doesn't matter XD) and then compress 1 GB file yourself, but wait 2 weeks to a month, maybe longer, and you'll get your result. ;)

But many, many thanks for your suggestion though :)

@Everyone

I have uploaded Part 1B DSL/Broadband version to Filefront. It will be Mirror 1 in the first post of this topic! Just remember this... "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" (a saying from Unreal 1 XD). So what it's trying to say, is whatever is in this package, I am not changing again...if you don't like it, oh well, tough. My ISP is puttign a limit next month (60GB limit), and I need to start conserving a bit. :)

Take care BuF! :)

**VIEW LIST**

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
That's a whole load of junk right there.
I'll take a look at the list, there's a couple of things I even forgot their existence.

BTW, what's XBots v55?

Last edited:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
But KGB files are not openable with WinRAR, which everyone should have :) And 7Z don't take too much time to (de)compress.

I completely understand that you want 7zip, however, I am not gonan delete and reupload the entire package over again. I'm putting my foot down! I apologize for sounding harsh, but I don't want to reupload Part 1B again. :) It's fine the way it is :D I figured rar would be good at the time, and rar is staying. :)

That's a whole load of junk right there.
I'll take a look at the list, there's a couple of things I even forgot their existence.

BTW, what's XBots v55?

XBots v55 enables you to have 64 bots instead of the default 32 bots. :) So basically, the limit will be 64 bots instead of 32. XD

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Sorry about the delay, but the file is now on filefront's main hosting servers. :) So now, you can downloasd it from that link I gave you, and by searching Filefront under the Unreal Tournament>Mods section, you'll be able to find The Ultimate UT Starter Pack in it's own category. Part 1B is in here, and Part 2 will be as well. :D

Just thought I'd let you know. :)

Also, what do you think of Part 1B? :D I worked my ass off since March 3, making this compilation, and it had alot of work put into it. ;)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
I see no use in that since I play versus 2-3 bots max. :eek:

I understand Kantham. :) I am slightly that way myself, but soemtimes, I do need to kick 63 bots asses to help calm me downwhen I get pissed off. ;) It works flawlessly all the time, wether I win or lose. XD

@Crotale

lol, yeah it's a big file all right, but it'll get you some goodies that are extremely hard to find, and/or files that you need to go to different UT sites, and waste hours, instead they are all in this one big package, to help out your needs. But just remember, Part 2 will focus on maps, and only maps. Part 1B is technacly for everything else. ;)

@Everyone

Part 2 is starting construction today. Stay tuned for further updates. (And like I sais above...it's a map only compilation. XD :) )

Take care,

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
Wow. I have been gone a while and look at this thread. lol

Nice work RoninMasta.
There are a few things in this pack i have been looking for and gave up. Great work.
Seems like it is way more then a starter pack though. Most of the stuff in the pack would mess up a newbies system pretty bad till they understood what they were doing.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Got a question to you BuFers. :)

Have any of you downoaded the UT3 Music for UT *BETA* music mod I made a while back? :p You may not have known this, but my version has had some massive, massive tweaking done to the songs to prevent all of the songs from losing quality severely to. (some songs have perfect quality, some have 9/10 perfect quality, and 1 or 2 of them have ok quality iirc. :) )

Also, I've just tested the songs out in the ModPlug Player, the UT3 Mmusic for UT music mod *does* idd have surround, reverb filter and bass boost support. However, I did not mentionit ebfore because the feature was untested, until now. XD But jsut today I ahve tested all fo the songs. Some could use improvement, most are really good. :)

Anyway, I have provided a link to the ModPlug Player for those who don't have it and wish to download: DOWNLOAD. Note: I've only tested it with the ModPloug Player, not the ModPlug Tracker tiself, but they *should* produce the exact same quality. Along with what I said about the ModPlug tracker, I'm still wondering if the ModPlug Tracker and the OpenModPlug Tracker will produce the same sounds correct as the ModPlug Player.

But other than that, the whole purpose of this post is to tell you about the testing of the songs for the UT# Music for UT *BETA* music mod.

And, for news about The Ultimate UT Starter Pack Part 2...progress is slowly going as planned, and I've collected over 10 mappacks. So stay tuned about this, as within the next 1-2 weeks or so, I shall post the list and see what else I am missing and if the mappack is outdated and what not. :)

Other than that, take care everyone. :)

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.