The Ultimate Geek Car?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BuzWeaver

n0 fUn 4 j00
Apr 17, 2004
Atlanta, GA - USA
STUTTGART, Germany -- Mercedes-Benz probably didn't have the geek set in mind when it designed its new flagship 2007 S-Class sedan. But when the luxury car hits U.S. streets in February, it'll be packing a bundle of electronics that would make David Hasselhoff green with envy.

An onboard radar system, automated acceleration and braking controls, and a night-vision display are among the features that Mercedes describes as the most advanced available in cars today.

To test that claim, Wired News took the smart sedan for a test drive up and down the German autobahn near Mercedes' head office here. The car's intelligence was immediately apparent, most dramatically displayed in the new Distronic Plus cruise control, a system that automatically maintains a set distance between you and cars in front.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,69960-0.html?tw=rss.index

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
It's exterior design reminds me quite alot about the Mazda RX-8 :hmm:

Else I say all those fancy blinky dots and turnaround knobby things are too much electronic for me.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
i think we all know who the real ultimate geek car is here eh...
vitessebig7as.jpg

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
My friend Robin moms' new car has a camera for when you reverse. It shows the rear view on a screen in the dash. It's a hybrid with both mechanical and electric engines. Shows power distribution on a cool display as well. Pretty nifty to play with.

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Idren said:
I dig the night vision thing. And the TV. So I can crash while watching my favorite shows! :D
Yep theyll give some extreme problems with concentration.

Vers Vlees

Oohhh a custom title
Nov 30, 2002
The Netherlands
www.versvlees.owns.it
I dont know yeah I'ts good for safety etc but it also makes a car more complicated and more things can break. Not to mention the possible danger of computer viruses :p

btw with electronics I mean the ESP, ABS, automated acceleration control. not electric powered devices like windows or sunroofs.

Last edited:

BobCobb

Society is a leech on me!
Sep 20, 2002
The Compound
Visit site
Vers Vlees said:
I dont know yeah I'ts good for safety etc but it also makes a car more complicated and more things can break. Not to mention the possible danger of computer viruses :p

btw with electronics I mean the ESP, ABS, automated acceleration control. not electric powered devices like windows or sunroofs.

Chances are you won't get infected with a virus in your car, yet. Internet for your car won't be for a year or so.

And pretty soon computers will be driving us, and car accidents will be a thing of the past.