1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Swine Flew Away from the Barn

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jacks:Revenge, Apr 28, 2009.

1. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

See you've all fallen for it.

This is nothing more than a distraction. People are trying to make as much of a ruckus about this story as they can as part of their political propoganda war. "OMG see the Republicans they are finished cuz they aren't fillibuster proof now". What a bunch of bull. Nothing has changed. Spector wouldn't have been much of a help anyways. The balance of power remains unchanged.

The only reason you're hearing about this is because the MSM would rather try to further destroy the Republican party rather than focus on the scam happening with AIG and GM right now.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  2. KaiserWarrior

KaiserWarrior Flyin' High

Yeah, that darned MSM.

Jesus christ, the success of this brainwashing is, frankly, horrifying.

3. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

pfft, I have no idea what you're talking about.
    the title of this thread is entirely arbitrary.

4. Agent_5

Agent_5 Replica?

Funny, I thought he was supposed to represent Pennsylvania.

Personal attack! :mad:

5. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

Yes the funny part of it all is that Rush, Hannity, Fox, Steele, and the rest all fell for it too. They're playing right into the Democrat's hands with this story.

6. DeletedAccount69

DeletedAccount69 New Member

He did it just to stay in power, methinks. I wouldn't be suprised if he changed back once he gets re-elected.

7. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Honestly this has more negatives for the Democratic party than the Republican party. They are now "filibuster-proof" and as long as they continue being completely awful, people will start thinking it's dems fault.

8. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

Do you know what is massively large news? When someone changes the little letter in front of the state they represent. Serious business.

9. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Well it is kind of big news in the world of politics. If it didn't matter then he wouldn't have changed affiliations.

What's really funny is watching KaiserWarrior get all bent out of shape. :lol:

10. Agent_5

Agent_5 Replica?

Just because Arlen Specter changed parties doesn't mean that he's going to go with the democrats on everything. Even you were saying that he switched so he could get re-elected - not because of ideology.

11. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

That's not how it looks publicly though. If Franken gets seated, there will be 60 elected Democrats in Congress. vis-a-vis, even if all the Republicans banded together, they couldn't prevent any legislation from passing.

It probably doesn't mean much as far as what people will vote for, but it will look bad for the Democrats (who "control" Congress) if public opinion remains bad (which it likely will).

12. KaiserWarrior

KaiserWarrior Flyin' High

What can I say? I rage when people make completely retarded assertions like "ZOMG HE CHANGED THE LABEL IN FRONT OF HIS NAME NOW HE WILL COMPLETELY ABANDON EVERYTHING HE HAS EVER STOOD FOR!!!1!!1!!".

13. Lizard Of Oz

Lizard Of Oz Demented Avenger

LOL! Who cares where Specter's heart lies, anything that further demoralizes the wacky right brightens my day. But, even that won't matter once we confiscate all their guns, herd them all into FEMA camps and convert them all to Islam!

Hail Obama!

14. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Wacky right, wacky left. Tit for tat.

15. Lizard Of Oz

Lizard Of Oz Demented Avenger

Don't confuse Wacky Right with Right.

16. Al

Al Reaper

:lol:

17. Larkin

Larkin Gone

His views were part of the corruption of the republican ideals. I don't care if that represents his state or not and frankly that has nothing to do with my point. If you don't know what I'm talking about fine, but reposting what Kaiser said is just stupid.

Last edited: May 2, 2009