1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the skew brush in UnrealEd 2.0

Discussion in 'Level Editing - Basic' started by Antec, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Antec

Antec New Member

I have a question,

In Unreal Ed 1.0 was a skew brush button. I cannot find it in UnrealEd 2.0. Can anyone tell me where I can find it or how to change the shape of a brush like the skew-button do?

Antec

2. GTD-Carthage

GTD-Carthage SPMA

What's a 'skew brush' button? We need to know first what that is...

...oh, wait a minute! Do you mean the free manual brush stretching tool? Well rather than doing that, it's easier select a vertex then pull it any direction you want by holding [alt+drag]. Everyone should already know that... unless you already do...

3. Antec

Antec New Member

I read in Wolfs UnrealEd tutorial about the skew-brush button. It seems a good tool, but couldn’t find it in UnrealEd 2.0. I think that using the skew brush is easier than vertex editing, but I have no experience. I am still working on my first map so….

Thanks for the answer.
    Antec

4. nuttella

nuttella Scare

I drag one vertex, then I can't drag another, or at least not the one I want to. I just want to make a simple wedge ffs!

5. GTD-Carthage

GTD-Carthage SPMA

If you're trying to make a wedge, you might as well use the 2D-Shape Editor. If you're trying to make a wedge out of a cube, you'll end up with an error if you attempt to combine any more vertices.

6. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

Go into vertex edit mode, you can select multiple vertecies using Ctrl+Alt+Drag and then move the vertecies using Ctrl+Drag like normal brush move.
    I never found a use for "face drag" mode or anything like that, I bet I can make any shape out of cubes and vertex editing in half the time.

7. GTD-Carthage

GTD-Carthage SPMA

Vertex edit mode? How do you go there? I've tried dragging multiple vertices but only one can be selected. (This question is in UT '99)

I made a mess of my map after trying the key combinations. The textures on the nearby walls got over-stretched and over-written.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  8. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

There's a button, along with the rotate texture/rotate object/camera mode buttons at the top of the left toolbar

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  9. GTD-Carthage

GTD-Carthage SPMA

Now that lessens the time I have to deal with natural geometry. Thanks a lot.

10. =Angel=

=Angel= New Member

I have one question about UnrealED 2.0!

How can I make pleyer controled objects as a cars, spaceships, turrets? Is it posible?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  11. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

A vertex edit if 2 vertex is very easy, put the grid a 1 and it will be easy to drag them around.

Good luck with the player controled objects, you might as well go buy ut04 at that point.

12. sandorski

sandorski New Member

You need to use a 3D Modeller program. Maya, Max, XSI Modtool(best bet on a budget), or even Milkshape will work.