1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Signature Exchange Program : Mark II

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phatcat, Jun 13, 2003.

1. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Just an update on my sig: The creator of the map, 717, gave me his appreciation / permission to have used his map in the background in the first place. Just wanted to FYI you guys about it.

2. Mr. UglyPants

Mr. UglyPants 2007 never existed, it was all a dream.

like the whole don't mess with Neil part in your sig neil!!

3. dirtmcgirt

dirtmcgirt dirtmcgirt

WHOA, THIS NEW SIG I MADE IS INSANE!!! =O
    can i get some feedback on it please?

4. _Zd_Phoenix_

_Zd_Phoenix_ Queen of BuFdom

I can't believe you improved that quickly. but on the off chance that you did, it's quite incredible.

edit: actually i know it's not yours - nobody's taste and eye for composition can improve that quickly.

5. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Frag Demon

I am not 100% sure of what involve this sig, nor what technique you used (metal plate texture made from scratch?) but that face needs a light up, looks like the middle is a blended circle layer that use a random 'satin' effect over her face. It's not really clean.

EDIT: I am doubt-y about "i made this sig!!!!1 loak!!" But nice job if you did, now you might want to make yourself a new avatar then.

Last edited: May 6, 2006
  6. _Zd_Phoenix_

Nah it's definitely not his. rather sad really.

Where's the long story behind this one having the name tek now?

7. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Why do I remember seeing that pic before? Not joking.

8. igNiTion

igNiTion here

it's not even that great when you look at it...the wires make my eyes hurt (the fact that they go in and out of the holes without appearing to curve, the crappy lighting on them, and that horrid drop shadow which in no way represents a real shadow - so the red fiery background is on the same vertical level as the metal plate?) and that shiny metal thing around the face clashes pretty badly with the rough scratchy background - the lighting on it is not even correct when comparing it to the holes. the text is poorly done also, and the left part of the background looks rather crappy.

he could have made it, especially given the sheer number of ps tutorials around these days - there are topics for everything, that planet he made up there was probably done verbatim from some retarded tutorial. unlikely that he made it, but whatev. I don't even find it attractive.

9. dirtmcgirt

dirtmcgirt dirtmcgirt

um acutally iti s mine, its been a year since i was last on here, its my work i swear, i used a tutorials for this technique, heres the link http://www.pslover.com/click/6137 and dude, i swear to god this is all my work, everything i make is completely and totally mine without using textures, models, or renders of anyone leses work
    oh, and it says tek becuase i made it for another forum, the problem is, there is someone with the name heretic on that forum, so i coulodnt use that name, and my name on that forum is Kriminal, and that name wouldnt go with the signature, tech and kriminal dont mix, so i wrote tek on it. And also, it is a advanced tutorial which takes knowledge and skill with photoshop, you may say, theres no such thing as a hard tutorial, but then check this sh*t out and youll change your mind. And whatever pheonix, i know your just jealous cuase your work sucks and you wish u could improve and do well with photoshop like me :)

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  10. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

These tutorial websites with people with like 500 sigs are hillarious. Especialy when they are admins, they just don't have any sig guidelines.

11. dirtmcgirt

dirtmcgirt dirtmcgirt

hey kant, btw i love that like, comb texture you have on ur sig, its really neat, do you have a tut ofr it or something?

12. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Acumulation of skills reading tutorials.

13. _Zd_Phoenix_

heh, indeed. I'm happy with mine as it is for now if that's ok :p

The tutorial from start to finish explains alot (composition & creativity), but well done for following it through well.

14. dirtmcgirt

dirtmcgirt dirtmcgirt

lol thanks dude, i was just playing with you, i admire your work as well, i love that 3d star you got in there, was that designed by 3dmax? it lookes nice man, good work. And that tut took me forever lol

15. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Yeah his avy/sig set is out of the ordinary.

16. _Zd_Phoenix_

I know you were :p Star is photoshop. Seriously though, the positive remarks are very kind, but I'm completely screwed now I want a new one...only downhill from here!

Sod it, I might go looking for tutorials too at this rate...

17. dirtmcgirt

dirtmcgirt dirtmcgirt

yeah dude, thats how i improved, i looked at about 5 new tuts every day to get ideas stuck in my head for creating new and better stuff ,im always looking at tuts to give me new ideas and such. But there are soo many out there... lol

18. _Zd_Phoenix_

yea there are loads...i'm not really gonna trudge through em. I'll just carry on makin' and see if the inspiration can continue.

19. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Combine HL2 City 17 Blue texture HDR elements...

Well, not sure about the HDR...

20. LHABulldog6

LHABulldog6 Fall for that.

Here's one for a different forum. I keep away from filters, and just try to make the basic design elements strong enough to stand on their own. It's not necessarily better or worse than anyone elses methods, it's just the one I prefer.

[​IMG]

So...how's stuff on the home front? :O

Last edited: May 11, 2006