1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Signature Exchange Program : Mark II

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phatcat, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Trentdaddy

Trentdaddy Interface with me by entering my face.

TD is back in da' scales(yeah, that one sucked)

My and my friend put our skills together to make my current one.

(My version)
    [​IMG]

(his version)
    [​IMG]

Edit made here. Image removed for Bandwidth reasons. Curse you Village Photos and your puny 5mb per day limit. The picture wasn't all that special anyways.

another he made:
    [​IMG]

and another I made:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  2. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

Here's one I whipped up ... one of my first real attempts at animated gifs. I'm pretty adept in photoshop but for some reason, I was unable to find out how to do animations in it. It seems like it should be possible but I guess it's not or I couldn't find it. Ended up using gimp which worked pretty well.

[​IMG]

3. Trentdaddy

I gotta say, that'n is pretty cool. I like the look on the lettering, fits perfectly.

Adobe should have a program called Image Ready with it that I think produces animations. But I'm not exactly sure how to make animations, so its probably best just to import them in Animation Shop since it seems easier to use IMHO. I really didn't see how you could make animations in it, like Animation Shop, it didn't seem to have a insert frame option.

4. FlakMan

FlakMan Televator

I thought ImageReady came with Photoshop

5. Trentdaddy

That's what I said. I think I meant to say Adobe Photoshop instead of just Adobe.
    I'm saying that it might be better to use Animation shop, it seems a little more Pickup & Play. I don't see how to make anims in PS, i couldn't find an insert frame option.

EDIT: @Maest:Those Matrix letter thingies might look better if you used the vertical line mask tool and make a gradient with color similar to the matrix letters like on the posters.

You could make a new gradient, with a lond dark green part then a short light green part, and even shorter white or extremely-close-to-white green part.

I was thinking about that after seeing an Enter the Matrix poster I have. I've never tried to see how it look, but it might look kinda cool.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  6. FlakMan

FlakMan Televator

If you make that gradient, upload it so we can all benefit from it

7. Trentdaddy

Hmmm. maybe I should have just suggested that he should make a better transition of colors. The top part of the letters should be a real dark green, almost too dark to read, but still legible; then the follow 2-5 letters should be a neon-like matrix green, then just one or two white letters at the bottom of the text. The gradient doesn't look too good(but it isn't ugly)

I'll post an example anywayz.(Warning: I have free image hosting. In other words. low bandwidth(5mb). So it may no show up correctly.

I'll post the gradient in the zip. Y'all can fiddle around with it to make it better if you like.

[​IMG]

Yeah, Maest, I think you should just make the transition in the colors look better like I suggested above instead of the gradient. But if it looks good using the gradient then thats great. Maybe you can mess around with your sig and even make the letters in the bg animated(they start at the top and drop down), and when they finish, your name will show up.

Attached Files:

8. FlakMan

FlakMan Televator

Very nice. Thanks.

9. Trentdaddy

Some guy in a different forum made a sig that was decent looking(most of us could probably make it in no time though)
    and I decided to add some various stuff to it to make it better.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=68496

The quality isn't as high as it should, but it actually made the text more smokey like.

10. Trentdaddy

/Me has a new sig.

I think I'm going to use this one soon. (but I might just add a little more)

Attached Files:

11. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

12. [DecoY]

[DecoY] Phat out of hell

talking about the matrix, it's coming out here on wednesday :)

I'll be going, as Agent Smith :)

13. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

im thinking of going as neo, but i dont have the cash needed for boots,coat, shades etc.

14. [DecoY]

[DecoY] Phat out of hell

hehe..
    • suit: Got that
    • earpiece: take an old telephone-wire
    • shades: hmm... I broke some, which would have been very usefull for an Agent... I'll just have to use my new ones (they're an Oakley ripoff)
    • Now to get that voice right :)

15. FlakMan

FlakMan Televator

Anyone want to take a stab at making me an Underworld sig? Saw the movie last night and I have to say I'm quite impressed.

16. [DecoY]

[DecoY] Phat out of hell

Underworld owns!!!

so does Kill Bill!!!

17. EmptySpace

EmptySpace New Member

Thanks Feen. :tup: I've got to get back into the groove as well. I haven't created a sig in ages.

Ah... so you're going as "old-school-controlled-by-the-machines Smith?" :p

18. [DecoY]

[DecoY] Phat out of hell

yah well...

I'll prolly lose it somewhere :p;)

19. LHABulldog6

LHABulldog6 Fall for that.

Feen, I shall respond to your sig earlier tommorow. I'm writing this post from school, I experienced the PC screwup from hell at home (running in 256 colors with no mouse), but I figured out what's wrong, something with system.ini, and I've got that backed up on a CD somewhere. To compensate for lost time, I'll do my best to make it pwn. :)

20. FireSlash

FireSlash Whats a FireSlash?

A WIP for phat...

Any suggestions on it?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2003