1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Secret World

Discussion in 'Games' started by Thrash123, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Thrash123

Thrash123 Obey Leash Laws

Any BuFers playing it? I picked it up this past weekend, and it's pretty amusing thus far. The cutscenes get a little old, but are at least good enough to be nice to watch (and are skippable). Not like many MMOs; I'd say it has quite a bit in common with Guild Wars, just.. better. :)

2. Arnox

Arnox UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

Yeah, I don't know about that. Guild Wars is purely a PvP experience. If you went into it expecting a PvE experience then you went in with the wrong mindset.

3. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

It is also going to fail hard unless it adopts a free to play option as well.

People doubted me when I said Old Republic would go free to play within a year, and now I bet they are eating their own words.

The MMO market is saturated and The Secret World will not last long if it doesn't offer something unique for that price point.

4. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

Have you seen the game at all? It is CRAZY unique. Very seriously, I have never seen anything else quite like it. Will it be enough to justify $15/mo? Who knows, but it is certainly interesting as hell.

5. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs