"The Rock" map???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

willf

Nov 7, 2000
homepages.ihug.co.nz
Has anyone made an alcatraz map by chance? Y know like an assault map one team has to swim to the rock come up through tunnels and disable the rockets? Well i thought some one must have done something like that, maybe. Seems like an obvious thing to me but i havn't seen one around.

cheers

Styx_Surfer

Pictor Habilis
Apr 17, 2000
Sweden
www.styxgraphics.com
Not that I know of, but damn it would be cool...

Handsome Boy Modeling School Graduate
styxanim2.gif

My homepage

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
i was thinking about making an alcatraz map, but if i when i make maps that are from real life i get into too much detail and the poly counts go through the roof. why don't you try making one? it wouldnt be all too difficult. an island, buildings...tower....

JB.gif

Evil Joe

I Will Kill You
Feb 13, 2000
Ok here is the story on the alcatrez map. Back in my SF days a guy by the name of Johnathon Warren was working on one but he's gotten married since then and landed a new job. Consequently he doesn't map anymore.

Someone made a version for UT. I forget the name of the map or even who did it but, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, it was pretty poor and was only like the rock in theme not in realism.

Currently there are two different versions of the rock being made for Tactical Ops.

To my knowledge nobody is making one for infiltration.

Finally alot of people have set out to make this map but either 1. have never finished it or 2. done a half-ass job.

So good luck to anyone who would want to make that map and by all means lets see some people take it up, it would be a cool map!

willf

Nov 7, 2000
homepages.ihug.co.nz
I would make the map, but I'd have to learn mapping and I only have enough time after my work is done to play Infiltration and thats the only game i play:)
Ironically I'm a freelance 3d modeller so i know i could manage the design and building of a map, but that also means I know how much work goes into something like that. I just wanted to know if there was such a map already on the go, but it seems not.
Ah well.