The Respawn Bug

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Negative.

Actually, there was a problem where you couldn't respawn, but I don't think there was a fix other than leaving/rejoining the server.

Last edited:

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
GotBeer? said:
Negative.

Actually, there was a problem where you couldn't respawn, but I don't think there was a fix other than leaving/rejoining the server.

What GotBeer is trying to say is: YES, it happened in Beta 1 too.

CopperJohn

Jul 7, 2005
Oregon
www.clanbbf.com
It didn't happen like this in Beta 1a....

Sometimes when you got gutblowed, you would be unable to spawn in, and have to reconnect... I played 1a for months, and didn't have this kind of trouble.

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
I confirm what copperjohn said. I played hundreds of games in beta1A and never had this spawn bug thing.

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
Well, it didn't happen that often, but it DID happen. .. at least during my few games I played the beta 1.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
CopperJohn said:
It didn't happen like this in Beta 1a....

Sometimes when you got gutblowed, you would be unable to spawn in, and have to reconnect... I played 1a for months, and didn't have this kind of trouble.
Um, yeah, that's what about what I was trying to say (been a long week). It didn't just occur after gutblows, though. And it happened A LOT less frequently than this new issue (like a thousandfold increase or some other number I might pull out of my ass, but still a lot less).

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yah, it happens almost all the time now. For some reason, every time I die I get the text "Press [Fire] to join the game" whether the respawn bug occurs or not. Also, I'm unable to cycle through the deploy points after I reselect my team.

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
Its really gotten too annoying that I just cant play anymore!! Sometimes when I do switch teams it doesnt work, and even if it does I still cant toggle deploy points. I would have to exit the server and re-enter:(

Like i've mentioned before, I wished we got a minor patch to just fix the spawn bug cause beta2 is very playable!

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
Emmet Otter said:
Its really gotten too annoying that I just cant play anymore!! Sometimes when I do switch teams it doesnt work, and even if it does I still cant toggle deploy points. I would have to exit the server and re-enter:(

Like i've mentioned before, I wished we got a minor patch to just fix the spawn bug cause beta2 is very playable!

I usually don't have to disconnect and reconnect. I've been playing well over 2/3 hours a day and it's happened to me once a night where i really had to d/c and reconnect. All the other times I can use f4.

tabasco

Nov 23, 2004
Variation on a Theme.....

I've had a crazy respawn bug that's happened 4 times now.

If I'm waiting to respawn at a deploy point that's being hacked by an enemy I get knocked off my team and get a first person spectator view of the enemy who was hacking. It's almost like a demo record type of thing. wtf is that all about?

It's somewhat amusing because I can see them line up shots on ppl, but the only workaround is to dis/reconnect.

Captain Kewl

I know kewl.
Feb 13, 2001
IN YOUR HOUSE
Visit site
Here's a mutator I threw together which may or may not fix the respawn bug. I haven't really tested it, and it's entirely possible that it may not do anything at all and just cause more problems, so if someone wants to put it on their server and give it a try, please let me know how it works.

It's a hack and doesn't really fix the problem -- that'll be in the next official patch/fix/whatever -- but it should be enough to get around it.

Attachments

• XMPB2RespawnFix.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 326

ChAoS_SLO

Jul 31, 2005
yes thx Kewl it works 100%

beta 2 is realy playable now ( steel few bugs but the most annoying is to get out of Raptor ---->and you are death)

BUT WERY GOOD JOB FMI !!!!!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
yah can we have the raptor eject you or something so you don't get flattened by it? :p