1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Night I lost the Will to Fight

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OpFor, Jun 6, 2005.

1. OpFor

OpFor Feeling suicide, thats O.K.

Ever get the feeling that something is going to happen in your life? Whenever I do lately I really get a gut instinct, and usually I'm right. Except that lately whatever happens is usually negative. It seems that over the last year and a half my life has slowly decayed and fallen apart. My mother was diagnosed with MS, my parents divorced, my dad is almost at the point where he cannot work or support himself. I've lost the drive I once had to join the army, and the people which I've had a romantic relationship over the last two years with have really turned out to be of a lesser moral standard. Right now my self esteem is really low. I have no job, no one will hire me. Apparently I am very unnatractive to the opposite sex, and I cant even help my own family deal with their own problems. Lately I've been asking my self why I bother. The only thing that has kept me from having to see a doctor is my music, and apparently I'm ****ty at that too. My friends arent improving my situation. They seem to agree that I should just ****ing end it right now. Im not expecting a lot of positive replys. Lately I cant even count on the girl I could see my self having a serious relationship with. Throw your stones, delete this thread if you feel its a waste of your precious forum space. Whatever, I need to get this out.

2. (un)l33t_1

(un)l33t_1 New Member

Joining the army might be the way to go if you're drifting about aimlessly -just don't eat lead halfway across the world while you're at it. Seriously, though, many people who join the military are "self-improvers" who manage to dig themselves out of previous problems with drugs, the law, etc (or, they remain trouble-makers in the military...). Otherwise, you should probably consult a doctor. Although I'm not sure if any of the above two will help you with your family or romantic prospects.

3. DEFkon

DEFkon Shhh

Hey, we all (or at least some) have these times in our lives when nothing seems to be going right. Quite frankly they suck. The only advice i have is that you gotta ride it out. General advice for the other stuff.

Can't get a job? Besides the standard retail jobs, that vary in range from uber picky to not willing to care, the other big thing for people to do is pull strings and see if someone you know can get you a job. Another thing you can do is ask the non-retail places if they need any help. Landscaping is particularly big this time of year, and most of those companies are just some guy that bought a trailer and a pick-up truck, and some yard work tools. They're almost always looking for an extra hand so they can do their work faster, and it's not exactly rocket science or a public relations type of job so you could look like manson and still get the job.

Unattractive? I can relate, but you know what i've learned? It doesn't matter. Yeah that's right, it's weird, but truth is... Most women aren't overly concerned with physical apearance. I mean.. ya you can't walk around in trashbags, or smell bad, but.. in general it's mostly about personality, or in some cases money or whatever... but for the guy that's not Brad Pitt, just generally being attentive, droping the well placed compliment here or there, and having a sense of humor, is about all it really takes. I think the real challenge for the guy with a lack of self-esteeme is "getting the product to the market". But seeing as you mention that you've had a few GF's before, then most of this is probably nothing new. But if you really don't think your look'n good, then change it. Just about everyone's seen some kind of "make over show" You'd be surprised at how much a new wardrobe and a haircutt will go. Fashion is just social camo.

Anyhow.. if you think you need to see a doctor, then do so. Nothing wrong with that. If Tony Suproano can see a shrink, then anyone can. Course you can generally get someone to lend an ear just by posting on these forums if you just wanna blow off steam. that's what we're here for.. well that and talking about games, and guns, cars, beer, girls, and the weird oddities that infest the net. :p

4. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

From what I gather, it's about the clothes, the smell, the hair and self confidence.

Anyway joining the army will either break you are make you, probably make you. If you aren't absolutely sure you want to do it then don't. Try to do what you must to keep all your options open for as long as possible untill one you figure out what to do.

Few questions:
    - Any chance you can join college or university? You could try to study something that might help out some of your problems (it's with this reasoning that I am going to study psychology myself)
    - How are your eating and sleeping habbits as of late?
    - How do you feel when waking up?

Hope you don't mind answering :)

In any case this reminds me of a thread I started a few years back, that made me want to see a psychiatrist at which point I was feeling better already. I should add, the psychiatrist was definately a good move but the fact that I wanted to see one in the first place was a bigger help than the man itself. In any case, I do recommend it because they can get feelings, thoughts and ideas out that you otherwise wouldn't simply by asking questions (every person is smart enough to answer questions, it's asking them yourself that is really hard).

If all things fail try to find something in which you can put all your angre in. I used to have a ****load of sports but I quit that, it's purely fitness right now which does work. Also some martial arts starting next year which might help as well. I have this interest in boxing as well but I don't plan on getting hit in the head, maybe with a helmet it's something for you?

5. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

keep up, never let someone put you down, may i suggest you travel, make a road trip, think about life, or do some sports like running in the morning every morning (something i should do ). dont let yourself stay down

6. Cap'n Beeb

Cap'n Beeb Banned

Anyone who tells you to end it is not your friend.. Would it be possible for you to take a bit of time away from everything and have a nice little vacation? Perhaps you just need to get a change of scenery in a while :)

Take it easy dude <3

Last edited: Jun 7, 2005
  7. Lord_Bunker

Lord_Bunker New Member

hey i was there about 6 months ago.

try getting outside and doing some walking or something. you'll start feeling better self esteem wise, you'll get in better shape and start looking better and you'll meet new people and hopefully make new friends.

regular exercise really helped me out.

8. Freon

Freon Braaaaiinss...

I don't know, it doesn't sound that bad :mwink:

9. TheShiningWizard

TheShiningWizard Because it's more fantastical.

I suppose this is a step above your usual "I wish girls would sleep with me :(" spiels.

10. ecale3

ecale3 Sniper - May be harmful to your health.

My GF really helped me out, but i admit i got lucky, she just kinda fell into my lap and we really hit it off. The truth is man, you just keep on pushing until things fall your way, there is no secret to it. Also, if your having trouble with the ladies remember, girls like confidence (not to be confused with cockiness) and you have to inspire confidence in them. That means you have to find who you want to be, so they can be attracted to who you are.

11. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Also, they like money, shitty music and jewelry that realistically, isn't worth a damn.

12. ecale3

^depends on the girl, i'm flat broke and mine still likes me :p

13. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

Also a bit of (sub)culture that determines that, ecale. Some want a nice guy with cash, others a popular one that spends an hour a day on their hair.

14. ecale3

mine's japanese :D I win :p. Anyway, the ones who want cash/popular guy/ metrosexual girlie boy aren't really worth the time it takes to get information through their thick skull.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2005
  15. DEFkon

DEFkon Shhh

Women love musicians, play that angle up.

16. Moondogg

Moondogg [*SDS*]

mine made me broke :lol:

just keep chugging along man, not alot of things are easy, how i keep moving (my like entire family has died, starting with my pops at 6), is to just put it behind you and move on.

17. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

Forget looking for a serious relationship, go out and have fun with your life. Have casual sex, work on your hobbies, lose weight, whatever makes you feel good.

18. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

You should do exactly that. Try out as much as you can, find some things you like, concentrate on them and enjoy yourself. When I was having similar problems I lost all sense of routine, my timekeeping was shot to hell. Try and get into a routine - plan where you want to be in 3 months, and what you need to do each day to get there.

19. TheShiningWizard

TheShiningWizard Because it's more fantastical.

To summarize, stop posting and start doing something with yourself. It'll work wonders.

20. ecale3

Or maybe go on a shooting rampage. Or a STABBING rampage, with a ballpoint pen, that'll teach em a thing or two about their lack of pen control laws!

But seriousy, i tried one last week, and i must say; the therapeutic value of a nice shooting rampage is so poorly acknowledged in the psychiatric community.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2005