1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The "Major UT3 Expansion"

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by WaitForTheRain, Oct 23, 2008.

?

What will the "Major UT3 Expansion" be?

1. UT4 (like UT2003-2004

41.9%
  2. Just a big expansion

47.0%
  3. Something else

11.1%
  1. iron12

iron12 New Member

Game needs a major overhaul.

2. Anisotonic

Anisotonic New Member

Why do you call it "THE major UT3 expansion"? Is there one planned? I for one will be very surprised if we see another real UT game.

3. Benfica

Benfica European Redneck

I'm afraid it will be for consoles only

4. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

I don't see any missing gametypes.
    I see a really good Sniper Rifle (yes, a strong one* in UT3) which always make it up for the retarded UT2suck4's LG.

Won't argue with you about the gameplay, which is objective.

*stand still and shoot the head of someone.

--------------
    For the other UT3 problems, I easily agree with you.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  5. xMurphyx

xMurphyx New Member

I'm sorry. I know perfectly what you meant by this but it's such a funny quote out of context.:lol:

6. UBerserker

I know it sounds weird.

But then, it has been probably a decision of the devs to put few, certain gametypes in the game, it's not like something is "missing".

The UT3 existing gametypes were the only ones I played in previous UT games, except DOM in UT1.

7. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

Slow gameplay? Pardon? The gameplay is more fast paced, the most slow paced ut was ut2k4 one, the deahmatch was slow as hell as well as the movements unless you activated the mutators. Even ut2k3 was fast paced....
    UT3 has a right gameplay and the sniperrifle feels bit out of place indeed and isn't that fun to use, but if you learn it you can score with it even, although it takes some time the transition. But the other weapons mostly feel just right, the only complaints i have is against the deployables which should have been made more in U2mxp style(so you can switch weapons while holding them) and should have been more avaiable.

8. WaitForTheRain

WaitForTheRain New Member

9. Benfica

Benfica European Redneck

Uh, didn't you ever use the UT2004 Rifle ?

10. WaitForTheRain

WaitForTheRain New Member

I prefer the UT2004 snifer rifle. The UT3 sniper rifle feels too heavy and slow for my liking.

11. UBerserker

What rifle, the Sniper Rifle or the LG? I think they were slow and ugly as hell.

The pew pew weapon was the best.

12. Benfica

Benfica European Redneck

Not the electric charged lightning gun, but the typical sniper rifle with bullets.
    What "pew pew weapon"?

13. UBerserker

Pew pew weapon = Shock Rifle.

And no, the UT2k4 Sniper Rifle was meh honestly. Probably regarding the smoke effects and how weak it felt when shooting with it.

14. Benfica

Benfica European Redneck

OMG I absolutely loved the shock-rifle, what a blast, made my day, teh most satisfying frags ever ... :shock:

... were owning stand-still combo whores with flak-alt :D

It was good to push mantas back, but pretty unfair when you play ping 180 vs 60

15. Peregrine

Peregrine Death from above

If anyone thinks the Sniper rifle sucks, try playing [Ci]Zero some time. That mother effer owns with the Sniper rifle. ;)

16. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

Learn to aim/play. :c

17. Fuzz

Fuzz Enigma

Is this Michael Jackson comeback some kind of a joke or is it for real? I grew up with that music, I liked it back then. It's a little off-topic, so it could be a scarecrow analogy. (UT3 making a successful return is as likely as Michael Jackson will be "in" again.) I rather see them both making progress again.

You can't state a major comeback unless it is actually happening, I haven't heard much, I haven't been looking either.

Major expansions are plausible development, but how good they will be is still unknown.

18. Bishop F Gantry

Bishop F Gantry New Member

Its rather ugly aswell, the tracer looks more like an energy beam, the animations looks and feels speed up, when you hit someone they got that red haze that lits up the body oh and it looks ugly aswell.

Also when you do hit someone all you get is a whimpy cloud of blood that lasts less than a fraction of a second, hardly any blood stains if any.

Fragging someone is highly unrewarding aswell as they simply lump to the ground in an unspectacular fashion barely any blood.

While scoring a direct headshot is a nice touch it dosent make up for the rest of the sniper rifle being a failure in everything else.

19. UBerserker

Really serious opinions! :)

The UT3 Sniper Rifle is what I call awesome. Great model, nice animations and sounds. And you feel the impact soon enough.

20. DarQraven

DarQraven New Member

I'd say in about a moment.