1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The "Major UT3 Expansion"

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by WaitForTheRain, Oct 23, 2008.

?

What will the "Major UT3 Expansion" be?

1. UT4 (like UT2003-2004

41.9%
  2. Just a big expansion

47.0%
  3. Something else

11.1%
  1. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

+1

2. Ionium

Ionium New Member

And hopefully now that gears 2 has gone gold, epic can focus more on UT3, just as mark rein said "supporting our games".

3. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Heh. Given recent events, I'm betting the expansion will be console-only DLC.

4. Ionium

Ionium New Member

I thought PC users were the bread and butter since we make the custom content :rolleyes:

5. LG1X

LG1X New Member

Mark Rein

I guess it will be more then a mega pack, because I doubt a mega pack would be enough to do what he sates.

6. Ionium

Ionium New Member

Just like when mark rein said the PC guys were the bread and butter? :eek:

7. LG1X

LG1X New Member

What's the announcement of there being an expansion have to do with Mark's and Epic's state on the PC ?

I don't know about bread and butter, but without us PC gamers/modders, the consoles wouldn't have any DLC except for a couple of maps Epic might have made.Anyone know the title of Epic's new unannounced multiplatform game - including PC ? Maybe they can redeem their PC optimization with this title; thought they were done with their PC / Console multiplatforming, guess not.

It's either a completely new type of game from Epic (survival horror possibly), or a stand alone UT that is similar to what UT2K4 was to UT2K3. Didn't Epic contract Midway to publish more than one UT title ? Since this unannounced title by Epic includes being released for the PC, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a UT title (expansion), maybe not, but it's possible.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  8. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

Epic was under contract with Midway to publish 3 unreal titles. Unreal Championship 2 was the first, UT3 was the second, and this third one would likely complete the contract.

9. darkonxy

darkonxy Its all about the BFG Baby!!!

Hey, whoa , hey ! :mad: dont diss Cliff Blezinski , its one thing to be mad at him for moving on to his own project and accept that heck for all we know they just said that theyre making an expansion to keep ut fans who have the rig to play UT3. Yeah go on though blame gears sheesh even though its a console game you dont have to be (PC) players all the time. Its really , no its pathetic that people wont except the fact that epic has moved on while everyone here is blind to realize it.

10. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

No they're not... They wouldn't. Unreals were all on PCs. UTs were all on PCs. UCs were all on consoles. GoWs were all on consoles. So it's nothing strange that GoW2 is also on a console. They wouldn't "move on" consoles from PCs, as PCs have a lot of players as well. Heck, all BUFers have a PC, or else you wouldn't be writing here ;) .

11. WaitForTheRain

WaitForTheRain New Member

12. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

13. WaitForTheRain

WaitForTheRain New Member

Ah, ok I got the impression that it was being developed by Epic and People Can Fly.