The M3 Problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
ok i will bring up some data I gathered.

The Heckler and Koch/Benelli M1 Super 90 Tactical Shotgun is the most popular semi-automatic tactical shotgun in the world, with every single well known counter-terrorist units in the world adopted it at one time or another and most still use it today.

The H&K/Benelli M1(also known as the Super 90) Tactical Shotgun was designed by Heckler and Koch and licensed to Benelli for manufacture, which was more well known than H&K in shotgun sales. The M1S90 used the "recoil principle" for its semi-automatic action. That meant when the gun fires, as it recoils, the recoil action forces the spring to compress, pushing the breech lock backwards, ejecting the spent shell and loading another, without the pumping action that we associate with shotguns. This recoil action is very rugged and simple in design, and also extremely fast, so fast that a skilled operator could empty the 7 rounds clip in less than 2 seconds, that is 84 pellets heading out in about 2 seconds! The M1S90 is 12 gauge calibre(that meant it fires buckshots with 12 pellets inside), has overall length of 35.5 inches(901.7mm), and weighs 6.5lb(2.95kb). The M1S90 fires 12 gauge calibre 00 Buckshots, 12 gauge Magnum Slugs, and 12 gauge Non-Lethal Rubber Batons(also known as Riot Shots), with capacities of 7 rounds, loadable in tubes(like cartridges) or single load mechanisms which allowed shooters to exchange from one type of ammo to another quickly. The M1S90 has been tested with every single commercial and police purpose 12 gauge ammunitions in the world, and it fires all of them flawlessly, with the exception of the Remington Light 00 Buckshot, with light power loads for minimum recoil, with the recoil so light that the M1S90 tested failed to cycle a new round in. For a little trick from the LAPD SWAT unit(Metro Division D Platoon), you can load 9 rounds in the Benelli, by loading 7 rounds in the tube, 1 in the chamber, and one below the space below the bolt carrier. The hunting version of the M1S90 comes with a hunting stock(similar to standard rifles), but the tactical version of the M1S90 comes with a pistol grip for the trigger, enhancing handling and manuevrebility for your everyday terrorist hunters/door breachers. In all, the M1 Super 90 Tactical is perhaps the best shotgun for a CT operator, fast moving, fast firing, easy to control, extremely deadly.

Lying prone and shooting a shotgun quickly would be almost impossible to stay on target. Your not above the gun and you dont have the strength to hold it down while laying down arms extended. But the m1/m3 is a very efficient gun and easy to control. The recoil on this gun is manageable thats why everyone in law enforcement uses it. The kick on the gun is also distributed by the reloading mechanism where other shotguns that aren't semi auto kick harder. With my mossberg pump I can run off all 8 shots on an orange cone while walking around it in about 4-5 seconds. It kicks much more than the m1/m3 and is still manageable at high rates of fire. I never said it was easy or it didn't take alot of practice but I can handle this gun very well, and I see no problem with the m3/m1 in INF.

Absolutely. But they have to fix that choke.

-Viet

P.S.: Germany's GSG-9 commandos don't use the Benelli, IIRC. They went from the Franchi SPAS-12 to the SPAS-15, which is like a M-16 on steroids with a six or eight round clip. The USMC evaluated the SPAS-12 but decided to go with the Benelli because it had a 3' chamber instead of a 2.75".

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
Yup the choke needs to be fixed too... people are saying that there isn't enough spread but I think they are crazy... I can shoot **** pretty far away with my pos gun. Actually they should allow you to pack different chokes. Depending on what situations you use the benelli for.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Even with an open choke you would not get that crazy-huge spread we have now.
And before you guys suggest it, it is NOT realisic to change your choke in a firefight.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
bump.
People still think the spread is acceptable. :rolleyes:
I don't think inf can last in a community whose idea of weapon performance comes from CS and movies.

ANUBIS199

Jun 3, 2001
Visit site
Bump Bump

ahhhmmmmmmm

MODERATOR COME LOOK AT THIS POST!!!!!!!~!!@!@!........................................................NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please please please fix that oh so lame spread on our beloved shotty

ANUBIS