1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Locusts...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fizzil, May 14, 2005.

1. Fizzil

Fizzil terrist

Why the change of name? from a screen shot of supposedly the GoW editor it showed several folders, one was the Coalition and the other "Giest" whom i suspect to be the Locusts.

In my honest opinion Giest sounds cooler than The Locusts..(although i don't really know what that means :p)

2. 1337

1337 1337

Geist means spirit in German.

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  3. RaptoR

RaptoR been here far too long

4. Mr.Magnetichead

Mr.Magnetichead Banned

I quite like 'Locusts' but I also like 'Geist'.

I think from their descriptions so far they should be called the locusts though.

They're organic, their weapons are organic, their mounts are organic.

They all have a similar artistic makeup suggesting that they may indeed all come from a hive like culture full of subsets like Ants.

It also makes sense that grunts on the ground would cal them something simple like 'Locusts' rather than something overly pompous or extarvegant like 'The Vagrdiari Empire'