The Lockdown revival starts here!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Now you may think I'm one to talk, as I'm never on Lockdown. I do have a reason though: I'm too skint to buy UT2k4, and I'm on painfully slow dial-up anyway.

But it makes me sad to hear that Sunday Lockdowns are practically empty :(. I remember when Sunday night was Jailbreak night! (and I used to get my ass kicked... I still can see Mych's Skaarj icon taunting me.)

I know that not many of the team that brought you jailbreak play that much.
But here's what I think about this: the people that made Jailbreak (me excepted of course) are pretty damn talented at coding and modeling and mapping. Not everybody is that talented.
On the other hand, logging on and playing JB on a Sunday night -- now we can ALL do that (again, me excepted :( )

So the lockdown revival starts here... and it's everybody's responsibility to turn up and have a good time :lol: whether you've been around since UTJB or you've just installed Jailbreak for the first time, whether you were involved in creating or testing Jailbreak or you just enjoy playing it. Your Lockdown needs you!

We have some nice new maps on the server, we've had some FANTASTIC reviews on other sites and in magazines, so let's play some Jailbreak!

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Here here :)

I do remember times last year when it was actually difficult to get onto the UTJB Mothership because the server was always full... 16 players and 2 spectators. Obviously the dream is to fill the Jailbreak server regularly (though preferably not while the map is JB-Basmma :p), but if even if at least 8 people can pop along regularly, and stay, on a Sunday evening on the JB2004 Mothership, that would be great :)

Actually, tonight, there was a mini-lockdown. It started with me joining SM and Angie on Arboria, then during Basmma a few more popped in, and then for almost the entire duration of JB-Snifam we had 9 players plus a bot. It was great :D

Then, naturally, people started drifting away, but it was just great to be able to play online with a nice number of players (that was also suitable for the chosen maps :p). Hopefully its a sign of improvement for the more publicised Lockdown :)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
I've posted about lockdown and updated BU hosted news.

It's a pity that some of the maps are about to be updated with bugfixed versions-- this might put people off from downloading the currently available version. I've mentioned this in the post, as I believe (and we agreed in the past) that it is better to tell people upfront about potential problems -- the threads about the bugs are public anyway.

If the fixed versions are available next week, I'll just do another lockdown post! :D

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
No idea how I'm going to fix that one bug that doesn't occur on my comp, but yeah.

The link to JB-Chrome yields a "no map selected" error, there's some extra characters on the end of the URL that shouldn't be there.

I'm going to do my absolute best to make it this weekend, and I'll see if I can't get a friend or two here that has UT2k4 to join me.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Changed the wording slightly:

Unfortunately, a few bugs have cropped up in both Alarscia and the Classic Maps pack; we're working on getting fixed versions out to you. These are relatively minor, just HOMs in a couple of the Classic maps and a quite weird intermittent glitch in Alarscia that to be honest we don't really know what to do about, they shouldn't spoil your enjoyment of our Sunday Lockdown.

:D

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
tarquin said:
Now you may think I'm one to talk, as I'm never on Lockdown. I do have a reason though: I'm too skint to buy UT2k4,
Why not come to this years lan party and get the "no-CD" patch from us? :) i`ll lend you the game, you get the patch and wayhay~ JB2004 ;)
===
Why not throw ourselves at more PC mags and flash our "make something Unreal winner" badge at them :)

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
Actually we've already secured tarquin an ECE version of UT2k4, it's just a question of bandwith/comp. specs now, you'll probably hear more about it soon ;)

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
GAH!!!! :(

I've been trying to get on for an over an hour now, whenever I click "join game" UT2004 freezes and crashes the computer. I've tried disabling my firewall and AV software before playing, doesn't work. I just tried re-installing and that didn't work. My next step is to completely uninstall it and then make a fresh install, but that'll mean losing all of the content I've downloaded, which is considerable and time-consuming to replace. Anyway, this is really frustrating me as I was really all set for some Jailbreak :(

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
Did someone push the "start lockdown" button? :)
peopleplayingxx0os.jpg

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Well, I've just noticed the lockdown come to an end.
Thats been going for almost 3 hours!
And the server stats :D

And I nearly forgot... I have to name-and-shame our admin for one of the most hilarious suicides ever seen in Jailbreak 2004. I was lucky enough to be near him to witness it :)

It was in Basmma, and, while not under any pressure from any opponents at all, he stood near the wall on the inside of the rocket-launcher curve on the blue side. He loaded up 3 rockets and fired them into the wall, blasting himself apart! Funny :lol:

Last edited:

mrloper

Jul 11, 2003
Holland
my name looks strange in the scoreboard TB posted. it looked normal on the server.

I was on the JB-III server also for a time, but it sounded like a ZOO.