The Last Mile

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
The first time the bonus pack was announced:
The pack will also include 7 maps:
- Bocage by Old Geezer
- Dull Rocks ][ by Freon
- Pueblo by Old Geezer
- Raid by Old Geezer
- Tuscany Night by RaekwoN
- The last Mile by RaekwoN
- Road to Kandahar Night by Alpha_9 and friends

What came out in the bonus pack
The pack also presents six new maps
EAS-INF-Bocage by Old Geezer
EAS-INF-Dullrocks][ by Freon
EAS-INF-Pueblo by Old Geezer
EAS-INF-Raid by Old Geezer
EAS-INF-RoadToKandahar_Night by Alpha9, Freon, and Beppo
EAS-INF-TuscanyNight by RaekwoN

Was "The Last Mile" scrapped, or is it still being worked on?

RaekwoN

Infiltration Level Designer
Aug 5, 1999
Melbourne, Australia
erehwoN said:
Raek's been too busy to get it to the point where he wants to release it. That's all I'll say for now. ;)

This is true. Thanks for noticing it was missing. It's quite literally hours from being done, which in my mapping world is a short time (Iraq took over 18 months from go to woe). It's not being scrapped, it's just a little way down on the list atm.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
You could release the map as a beta, and every mapper available could give a try at fixing it. You could even have a contest for teh super fix0r mapper.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Remove the chopper. Ad some more cover in the city. Screw the capture zones. Make it so we have to plant explosives and blow things up perhaps?

Or.....make it....'cap the cd'...*cringe*

Seriously, do what you have to do and just finish the damn thing before we collectively gang-rape you.

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
I had a look at Brikby a while ago (at Opfor's request), with no joy; the map is fairly majorly shafted for some reason. Hopefully I'll have some time in the next month to have a look at it again. I'm determined to get it working...

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
RaekwoN said:
This is true. Thanks for noticing it was missing. It's quite literally hours from being done, which in my mapping world is a short time (Iraq took over 18 months from go to woe). It's not being scrapped, it's just a little way down on the list atm.

Heh, I believe you on Iraq, that is one beautiful map.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
You have to realise, one week on our calendar is one month on Raek's calendar :p

Seriously though, for what it's worth, once he has said it will be done, I know he will go through hell and back if that's what it takes to complete it. Nothing wrong in taking a break every now and then to enjoy the scenery on your way :)

RaekwoN

Infiltration Level Designer
Aug 5, 1999
Melbourne, Australia
I'm currently estimating that I'm about 100 years old, now where's my damn letter from the Queen. Thanks for explaining how I work Almost, appreciated :)

The Last Mile, The Last Mile...I've been extremely busy of late as I mentioned before, but we are entering a slight lull in the design business, just before the Christmas rush. So I may find a few hours here or there for this one. Glad to see people are still interested.