1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"The Hurricane"- Not what you might think.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ATeamDan, Dec 5, 2001.

1. ATeamDan

ATeamDan Music Man

Im not sure if this site has every been posted before...however Im posting it anyway.

To anyone who feels that Rubin Carter was innocent or screwed allow me to point you to this:
    http://www.graphicwitness.com/carter/index.html

it might change your mind.

The reason this site impressed me was because they had hard evidence on everything they sited. If this in anyway is untrue let me know, im not the best at picking out phony pics, so let me know if ive been had.

2. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

I don't know about either the movie or the crime it was based on, but one thing I've always known :
    "Movies never have and never will tell the truth, because drama is more important than what actually happened."

I think I recall hearing about one crime that had two (tv)movies made. One from the point of view of the 'victim' and the other from the 'criminal's' point of view.

Remember : real life crimes aren't as easy as Columbo,Sherlock Holmes & any other detective/crime-series.
    There is no one who will say "it's a fair cop, I did it".
    As one of the inmates in the 'Shawshank Redemption' says : "We're all innocent here ..."

// -- edit --
    I thought lie-tests never were and never will be 100% reliable (I think they certainly weren't in those days)
    So claiming any one is 'guilty' because they refused a lie-detectortest isn't telling the complete truth either.

3. ATeamDan

ATeamDan Music Man

good point.

4. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

not completely related: i find it interesting how some people have such controll over their bodies that they can cheat a lie detector without even breaking a sweat while other people who have nothing to fear start breaking up when it is even mentioned.