The HUD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spec_x

DA2 Project Lead/Level Designer
Dec 10, 2002
Redmond, WA
By request, here's a picture of the HUD we settled on:

HUDSmall.jpg

High-Res image can be found here

http://www.speccore.net/DA2/HUD.jpg

Please take into consideration that it looks much crisper in-game, as I know it's going to look a bit jaggy in a screenshot

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Jig

#DA @ GameSurge
Feb 5, 2002
Veenendaal, Netherlands
www.wolla.nl
Hmm, not that cool. Especially the health bar needs to be reworked imho. Can't you keep that temp-hud that was used before in the game? Like it's selectable in the Options menu?

Last edited:

Seng

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Its decent I think (no objections from me)... at the most it can be reworked in a later release IF too many people raise objections.

spec_x

Dec 10, 2002
Redmond, WA
exactly. I'm more worried about getting other aspects of the game finished than getting some amazing looking HUD. It's only there to show information, and it does that fine :) You'll be too busy being shot at to pay too much attention to it anyways, :lol:

spec_x

Dec 10, 2002
Redmond, WA
I dunno, ask abs or do a better one yourself :p

I love how people will say "oh that sucks" without:
A. saying what they dislike
B. showing they can do better
C. realizing how much it time it takes to create a functional HUD
D. doing so in a very small time frame while also working on **** loads of other things
E. assuming that it's going to be the end all be all of the HUD
F. waiting to see what it actually looks like in-game

Instead of being asses about it, how about you spend the extra 30 seconds to suggest something better. You want a better HUD when the beta hasn't even been released yet? Pay me for all the personal time I've been using to create all this **** for a FREE mod for you guys to play, otherwise keep your negative comments to yourself unless we ask for them, Thanks
(this isn't a personal attack against you tow, I'm just tired of people bitching about stuff without giving actual useful feedback)

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2003
Australia
I DID do a better HUD. One Xealous made and i altered it. Xealous and I did a ton of variations and they were all so much nicer

Last edited:

spec_x

Dec 10, 2002
Redmond, WA
then why wasn't it used and why was I asked to do one? and also, I still got the original post ass :p I'm not saying mine was great, it's not like I had a lot of time to spend on it, but that doesn't mean you can't give constructive critisizim over making jackass comments, obviously if I had known that you guys had made one, I wouldn't have worried about throwing one together really quick.

Rooster128

L337 Reincarnated Wool Sock +5
Jul 1, 2004
spec, looks good. here is my little suggestion though:

specshud.jpg

make the health bar that much bigger. I think it will make a world of difference.

other than that, good job. I would normally hold things against you but nah, I don't care.

Last edited:

MaCuZ

God
Mar 25, 2002
Ze netherlendz
i suggest more colors will be used, some textured including some images of a weapon, bullets or some stuff like that would be nice... its too red imo. but it will do fine as a beta version hud.